• Rena Filstar xp3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eheim (a similar to above for 300L?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cheffi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My new Aqua One CF1200 is too noisy, very loud humming. Both of these have been recommended so which one would you go for or which you do you have and are pleased with.

I will keep the Aqua One filter for spare. Thanks please vote quickly I need to buy it today :wub: The Rena is only around £20 more than the Fluval so I'd go for either.

You cannot beat Eheims, anything else comes a poor second at best. Avoid fluvals like the plague, they are complete crap.

You cannot beat Eheims, anything else comes a poor second at best. Avoid fluvals like the plague, they are complete crap.

But which one? There seems to be so many. I'm confused.

Eheim 2028 Professional II Filter (or even 2126 but I'd prefer to over filter)
or Eheim Classic 2217 :good:

you should try their website if your not to sure, but I was looking for a new filter about 2 weeks ago and the wolf recommended me to use the eheim's one, the best advice ever, I have my tank in my bedroom and I can't even hear the filter at night when am trying to get to sleep :nod: :nod:

www.eheim.com

I can't agree or disagree with the first comment as I have only ever used Fluvals (both internals and externals). However, i have never had any problems with them. Silent and very efficient.

Eheims do seem to be more popular though, despite the extra cost.

steve

Have just ordered the Eheim 2126 Thermofilter with media for tanks up to 350L (mine's around 290L).

Then I thought I could use the filter it came with and the heater as spares in case the Eheim breaks down.

Awesome :hyper: :good: You'll love it.

Though word of warning - you will probably never need to use your spares ;)

Awesome :hyper: :good: You'll love it.

Though word of warning - you will probably never need to use your spares ;)

Thats what I was hoping and if it's any different I shall hold you personally responsible Bloo for recommending them :lol:

Hey bloo if you're still around, can you tell me how you swap them over without a flood?

i use a eheim pro 11 2028 and its near silent.you pay more,but you get much more.

Well if it is feasible (space wise etc), you can hook up the new filter and run both filters together for a few weeks. The remove old filter. Voila.

Or you can simply take all the media from the old filter and put it in the Eheim. Hook up Eheim and away you go :good:

Ps: always a good idea to keep your eye on ammonia and nitrite for the first week or so after such a change or swap. It shouldn't be a problem, but at least if you keep your eye on it, you can catch a mini cycle or spike.
Oh and remember, when hooking up your new Eheim - it might take a few minutes to couple of hours at most for it to turn absolutely silent. Until all the airbubbles have worked their way out at least. Mine are so silent I struggle to hear them even with my ear right up to the filter.

Well if it is feasible (space wise etc), you can hook up the new filter and run both filters together for a few weeks. The remove old filter. Voila.

Or you can simply take all the media from the old filter and put it in the Eheim. Hook up Eheim and away you go :good:

Ps: always a good idea to keep your eye on ammonia and nitrite for the first week or so after such a change or swap. It shouldn't be a problem, but at least if you keep your eye on it, you can catch a mini cycle or spike.

I have only just finished setting up this tank (my first). It's only been running for a day and haven't started cycling yet just making sure everything was working. So will not need to run both filters. Just being thick and can't work out after closing water and removing lid of canister how you then get all pipework taken down while the waters still in it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back