Fluval Flex 15 gallon build thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

haven’t done anything and i haven’t added anymore ferts or anything, this is kinda being self sustaining (minus occasional small water changes/top offs)
IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5027.jpeg

the plants are absolutely flourishing
IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5035.jpeg

this might be a baby anacharis that snuck in the java fern, we’ll see once it gets bigger
IMG_5030.jpeg

a little top view just so you can see the massive plant growth
IMG_5034.jpeg

definitely gonna trip and replant this on the bottom
IMG_5033.jpeg

Wow! Those plants have really grown 😀 Do you have anything in that first chamber? On my old flex, I put coarse foam that went from the bottom to the top and the heater behind it, to mainly stop leaf and plant matter from getting through to the middle chamber.

Wow! Those plants have really grown 😀
yessir! i’ve only added root tabs once but they took that and exploded with growth. i definitely do need to trim and re-plant though.

Do you have anything in that first chamber? On my old flex, I put coarse foam that went from the bottom to the top and the heater behind it, to mainly stop leaf and plant matter from getting through to the middle chamber.
nah i don’t, i just have the ceramic media and active carbon surrounded by the course foam, in the middle chamber. and then my heater is in the third compartment (the one all the way to the left)

that’s a good idea though! i might add that.

stopping at petco in a bit to pick up some more plants, because i have a $50 gift card lol

got some java fern and some pogostemon
IMG_5265.jpeg
IMG_5266.jpeg

both look really healthy but it’s my first time buying “dry” plants in gel, so i’m hoping for the best

i’ll do another update when i get home and get them planted :)

got them planted, the pogostemon were difficult to plant but i eventually got them. i attached the java fern to a piece of rock with fishing line, and i put it in the back right corner
IMG_5271.jpeg

IMG_5272.jpeg

here’s what the tank looks like now, sorry for the cloudy water
IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpeg

Great additions to the tank! Can't wait for that Pogostemon to grow in, will look great in a month or two :)
thank you! i can’t wait either, it should look nice and full if it grows correctly:)

That really looks good . Your plants are nice .
thank you! i’m really happy with the results so far.

i’m going to be gone for the next 4 days so im getting my mom to take care of the tank while im gone, just to feed the betta and turn on/off the light. i’m hoping for some growth when i get back!

so unfortunately my betta died of unknown causes, he was doing good but he passed away. that was about a 2 weeks ago so i decided to go a different direction, and get some cherry barbs. i got 6 but one died last night (the worker manhandled them smh), ill go get 4 more soon. i got 4 males and 2 females. (i know the minimum tank size that’s recommended is 20g but just from my observation they aren’t really big swimmers like tetras are, they’re more chill so i think it’ll be okay. plus my tank are good filtration)

horrible picture but yeah:
IMG_5699.jpeg

the shrimp are doing pretty good (pretty sure i have some sort of tiger shrimp variety)
IMG_5700.jpeg

and i ordered a skittle pack of neos too!! should get here soon
IMG_5707.png

i wanna get back into the hobby and get my passion back i miss it :)

Sorry to hear about the betta it was a beautiful fish😞 Tank's looking great on the other hand. Seems like a perfect place for the new shrimp as well

Sorry to hear about the betta it was a beautiful fish😞 Tank's looking great on the other hand. Seems like a perfect place for the new shrimp as well
thank you, he was a beautiful fish. sometimes fish just die of natural causes no diseases or anything, it’s just a gamble really, all we can do is try our best

anyway, i just did a 3 gallon water change this is what it looks like now
IMG_5713.jpeg

i just feel like something is missing but im not sure what.

i just hope no more fish die and i can see them thrive and adapt to their new tank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back