Fluval Flex 15 gallon build thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i’m hoping to plant the sword today, it’s a gorgeous plant very healthy and already has roots coming out of it
IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4249.jpeg
IMG_4250.jpeg
got a crypt yesterday! roots were a bit messed up so i’m hoping it recovers, but it’s a good addition
IMG_4251.jpeg

i also got the sword planted and i’ve very happy with how that looks :)

and some more blurry pics of the betta :lol:
IMG_4254.jpeg
IMG_4258.jpeg

i can’t find the shrimp which makes me think the betta might have eaten them which would be a huge bummer, but im going to wait a few more days to make that determination for sure.

i want to get some amino shrimp because i want to establish a bigger CUC (clean up crew) and i think they would be the perfect addition.

i love the way this tank is turning out so far! i can’t wait to get more plants in and just grow out

Looks great! There's loads of little nooks and crannies in and around the dragon stone and wood so perhaps the shrimp have found some hiding spots?

Just remember crypts are absolute divas and will more than likely melt away to nothing, but give it a chance to recover before you think its given up the ghost and pull it out, once it's pulled itself together it should come back in abundance...especially with a little root tab under it 😉

March TOTM.. 16 gallon & smaller tanks
definitely gonna enter :hey:

Looks great! There's loads of little nooks and crannies in and around the dragon stone and wood so perhaps the shrimp have found some hiding spots?
yes that’s definitely a possibility!

Just remember crypts are absolute divas and will more than likely melt away to nothing, but give it a chance to recover before you think its given up the ghost and pull it out, once it's pulled itself together it should come back in abundance...especially with a little root tab under it 😉
oh yeah definitely, crypts are nasty little things 😭😭

i did slap a foot tab under it and the sword and sprites so im hoping to see some explosion!

all the plants seem to be doing great, especially the water sprite.
IMG_4276.jpeg
IMG_4277.jpeg
IMG_4278.jpeg

still haven’t found the shrimp which makes me think the betta go to them unfortunately :/

i’ve noticed a bit of algae starting to form on some of the plants so i’m going to reduce lighting time this week and see if it goes away.

all the plants seem to be doing great, especially the water sprite.
View attachment 334426View attachment 334427View attachment 334428
still haven’t found the shrimp which makes me think the betta go to them unfortunately :/

i’ve noticed a bit of algae starting to form on some of the plants so i’m going to reduce lighting time this week and see if it goes away.

Nice tank. Where'd you get it from, Chrysler?

Jokes aside, it looks like it's coming along nicely! Perhaps if you added some Anubias or different kinds of moss to the nooks between the rock work and the wood it'll give future smaller inhabitants more hidey holes to get away from the betta.

What are your future plant plans for this tank? There's still plenty of space and it looks great so far!

Nice tank. Where'd you get it from, Chrysler?
lol :rofl:

Jokes aside, it looks like it's coming along nicely! Perhaps if you added some Anubias or different kinds of moss to the nooks between the rock work and the wood it'll give future smaller inhabitants more hidey holes to get away from the betta.
yes, definitely want to get some anubias, just haven’t found any good specimens yet :)

What are your future plant plans for this tank? There's still plenty of space and it looks great so far!
just to grow it out, keep getting more plants, and in the future some more shrimp once i get more hiding places. i would love to have a small shoal of cory’s but i dont know how compatible they would be with the betta.

thank you!

not much to update, plants are growing really good, getting new sprouts on the crypts and the sword and the water sprite is growing stupid fast. i’ll probably trim and replant the water sprite sometime soon.

betta is looking very vibrant too so that’s good

pics to come later :)

pics as promised! having a bit of an algae issue so i’m keeping the lights off almost all day in hopes it’ll go down

IMG_4451.jpeg
IMG_4452.jpeg

all plants are growing very good, water sprite is exploding and the swords have new sprouts which i’m very happy about. the crypts melted a bit but they’re coming back good it looks like
IMG_4453.jpeg

and a very blurry pic of the betta, but he’s doing very well and looks so much more vibrant and happy :)
IMG_4454.jpeg

not much happening, haven’t got anything new, plants have grown a lot
IMG_4757.jpeg

seeing amazing growth on the sword, i might snip that piece off and replant it lower so it can start to get a good root system going
IMG_4759.jpeg

and then the water sprite is thriving
IMG_4760.jpeg

the crypts did end up melting but i know they’ll come back strong. i hope to add more plants in the back right corner later, not sure what i’ll get but i do want to get some more depth

literally nothing new to report i just like spamming pics of the tank lol
IMG_4833.jpeg
IMG_4832.jpeg

i plan to trim this beautiful bunch of new sprouts of amazon sword and replant it on the bottom so i can establish a nice root system
IMG_4828.jpeg

IMG_4835.jpeg
IMG_4826.jpeg

and of course a horrible picture of my betta since he won’t sit still lol
IMG_4831.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back