Fluval Edge Filter Stopped Working!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pollyerrington

Reaction score
I have a Fluval Edge with 4 neon tetras and 2 guppies. I was cleaning the tank today and took out a little water (I thought I left enough for the filter/pump to keep running)
Then it ran dry and now has stopped working completely. I've turned the power off but want to know what I can do to fix the problem...

I'm going to continue taking a cup of the water and repouring it into the tank to make sure the water stays oxygenated.

Please help!

Should always turn electrical equipment off when maintaining the tank. It's for your safety and the fish.
Remove impellor and give it a clean.
Try moving the filter up and down as some fluval take a while to get going again.
If it dosn't work you will have to buy another one.

sounds like youve burned the motor out...ive dont this with a powerhead.

also the edge isnt suitable for neons
Neons are the most successful fish I've kept in the Fluval Edge have not lost one in 6 months....other fish though

i have filters suddenly stop working, unplug it take it to a sink and scrub the crap out of it. (literally)an unused toothbrush is ideal for this. then take it back to the tank and plug back in, like you did for the first time when you bought it. (if you need to put water in it for it to work do so.) if after all of this you still have trouble then take the filter out back, shoot it and get a new one.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back