Flashing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just incase anybody manages to find this thread when searching the issue is SOLVED.

solution:
Lots of water changes and patience. I really think something was up as now they never flash. I may never know what it is but next time something similar happens I'll just follow the same method...

It meant the cherry barb numbers could be increased, but the seller accidentally sent me a juvenile thicklip gourami rather than the barbs but hey ho
Thanks for posting the update. I've just been reading through this, as your fish seemed to be doing similar things to what I'm observing with a couple of my fish. So, you just did lots of big water changes and ensured there was nothing stressful / no changes etc.? You didn't do the salt & high temp thing and didn't medicate, and they just got better in time? You fish lose any fish? (I forget now - you said some of their fins were clamped? But even those fish got better?)

Sorry to jump on the end of your thread, but if my issue is identical I didn't see the point in starting a whole new thread covering similar stuff. If that's not appropriate, my apologies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the update. I've just been reading through this, as your fish seemed to be doing similar things to what I'm observing with a couple of my fish. So, you just did lots of big water changes and ensured there was nothing stressful / no changes etc.? You didn't do the salt & high temp thing and didn't medicate, and they just got better in time? You fish lose any fish? (I forget now - you said some of their fins were clamped? But even those fish got better?)

Sorry to jump on the end of your thread, but if my issue is identical I didn't see the point in starting a whole new thread covering similar stuff. If that's not appropriate, my apologies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay in response! I hope everything is ok with the tank.

I just did water changes every 2-3 days, halved feeding and was patient. Didnt lose a single fish since the flashing post was made - i lost a couple early on but i dont think they were related.

I also bought new flake food as they seemed to do it most after feeding them and the flakes were very old.

Upon seeing a tank with actual gill fluke/parasite induced flashing there was a huge difference. The fish were flashing every few seconds. Rather horrible to watch really.

Most reactions

trending

Back