Fishless Cycle Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You are getting closer all the time Harlequins. Now you need to start keeping track for a week or so and make sure that the ammonia keeps going away while the nitrites don't show at 12 hours. It is not at all unusual to see a bobble or two right after you reach solid zeros so don't worry too much if that happens.

Thanks oldman,has you may have gathered i have now changed to fish in cycle, :rolleyes:

But all seems good at the moment,3 times i have tested water today since 100% water change :good:

Ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 20
ph 7.8

Well i've now reverted back to fishless cycle,on testing water at 8am

ammonia 0
nitrite slight reading,was still bluish,but i didn't want to stress fry out to much with lots of w/c so i decided to move them back to main tank for a week or so just to see if these nitrites steady out in 30l tank.

The 3 fry are now in a floating breeding trap,and the harlequins seem fine with this one,thank god! :rolleyes:

9.30am

ammonia 1.0 :/
nitrite 0.25

I forgot the temp was still on 25 degrees,have now turned it back up,

Have a messed my fishless cycle up?,it was doing so well! :shout:

No no, hang in there. As oldman says, it's not unusual to see a blip or two (check other fishless cycle threads for reassurance). Keep the faith, may the force be with you etc. :p And yes, keep your temp up :)

You are doing fine Harlequins. A minor blip like that is why we like to see a qualifying week. It happens all the time and can cause a lot of stress to the fish and the fish keepers if there are already fish in the tank.

Ok thanks :good:

I'm glad i took the fry back out would've hated to have lost them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back