Fishing

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The worst fish for getting stuck on the hook are them blummin perch

Yeah they pretty much swallow especially if they're small
I'm quite lucky as my uncles has a private lake, with bream, tench, carp, roach and gudgeon and also 3 koi carp and a really nice ghost carp ( my pb is only 7lb on the float)

Has anyone ever fished with black australien swans? my uncle had a pair of them and they had a baby, they are so aggresive you can barely fish with them. But the male one attacked the wheel of a jcb and broke it's neck :crazy: :sick: and the female one got attacked by a fox ( we think) and the baby one flew away

Heres some pics
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/kerwin1/IMGP0790.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/kerwin1/IMGP0747.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/kerwin1/IMGP0746.jpg
And this isn't a very big carp but is a nice fish
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/kerwin1/IMGP0599.jpg

I've seen one before, but the canadian geese jus harrass ya for the maggots :p i remember feeding some at me local park and one bit me sister... don't like geese no more they jus hiss until ya feed them :X

I would like to try more fresh water fishing, like float fishing and spinning, I have tried fly fishing but I need a load more practice at it. I prefer lazing back with a rod and a float, in the sun, with a beer.

The main type of fishing I have done is sea fishing, I lived next to a beach for most of my life so I was always going out with my boat rod, catching cod, pollock, saithe (coalie) and mackerel.

Has anyone ever fished with black australien swans? my uncle had a pair of them and they had a baby, they are so aggresive you can barely fish with them. But the male one attacked the wheel of a jcb and broke it's neck :crazy: :sick: and the female one got attacked by a fox ( we think) and the baby one flew away

:lol: there are a bunch of them where I am, just take some bread or some chips to flick at em and you'll be right :thumbs:

I liked fishing when I was a teenager, especially for Perch, their fiesty :hyper: I prefer them to really big fish...its more interesting in my opinion.

Hi, I don't really know much about fishing but I'd like to get started, there are some canals/rivers around me where people fish, and I want to know what equipment I would need?

thanks

to be honest mate, your best off going to your locakl tackle shop and picking up a cheap float fishing rod, reel and a few other bits, they will advise you, also they will know about what clubs or day ticket waters they are around you :)

i would post this in the for sale / wanted section but its not really to do with aquariums etc -

Does anybody have any floats or hooks or small bits they are willing to sell / give away ???? trying to get some bits together

if any one does can they pm me - i am in staffordshire

cheers Dan :good:

hope im not hyjacking this thread -

fly fishing's great fun. tbh i don't like "drowning worms" i would rather be constantly doing something- like casting a fly in a small river or loch catching muscular wild brown trout. I find this more challenging and rewarding than catching big, fatty stocked rainbow trout or carp. I'm sure it's fun sitting round the local fishery with a beer on a sunday afternoon, but i just like getting in and around the fish with the waders on trying to find a wee fighter! :lol:

im obsessed with fishing, just came back from my local canal had 2 pike out of their on lures,IMO pike fishing is one of the best.
Most people think that fishing is boring and all you do is sit by your rod and wait for your float to dip under, but what they dont realize is that theres all different types of fishing you can do and different types of fish you can go for.
anyway..... i think fishing is awsum!!!

Hotter weather is coming so that means getting my carp rod out and start surface fishing, which i think is the second best way to fish,heres a few pics of what ive caught over the years......

6lb 4oz mirror carp
06junewarrenfarm.jpg

7lb 7oz mirror carp
6lbcarpcotswaldsjuly06.jpg

10lb 5oz pike
DSC00107.jpg

pretty little goldfish cross crucian carp :rolleyes:
koi12thapril07.jpg

11lb 3oz mirror carp
same8lbcarp.jpg

why dont we all post pics of our catches?, im sure people will like to see what you caught.

I used to fish in the carp prize lakes a lot. You had to pay to fish and then they paid prizes for the largest ones caught each hour or each day. There's still a few of those around. The largest I ever caught was a little over 25 lb but I saw a couple over 40 lb ones caught. I play golf now and fish rarely but I tell everyone that if I had a home on the lake where I could have a boat and go fish any time I wanted to, I would never set foot on the golf course again. People don't believe me but it's true. Fishing is just so peaceful, especially when it's late in the day, the shadows are long and everything is so quiet except for the birds, frogs and crickets.

Most reactions

Back