Fishing

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

richchappy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok this may get a bit contrivesial, dont know what you views are, but does anyone go fishing

I go fishing for carp and my biggest is 16lbs 4oz and that was a ghost carp,

What are you views.

Also i treat them with utmost respect, go to my website, www.freewebs.com/totalcarping and i have done a video or 2 and it has a fish care sections so you can see i try not to harm them...

Rich

I dont think its wrong at all, I myself am a fly-fisherman. Very much for catch and release, with the odd exception of keeping a fish for dinner(no females or breeders). Trout are oft my prey largest being 8 pound 4 ounce. Have also caught spanish mackeral on fly, tuna, queenfish plus a myriad of other reefies.

get yourself a decent float/feeder rod and a baitrunner reel. 8lb mainline and some hooks to nylon. disgorger is a must. look in the argos bok for the £20 equipment starter pack pretty good i think. then just a float/feeder rod for bout £20 and a reel for the same. then join a local angling club or go with a family member

I am interested in fishing, don't want to hijack, but does anyone know a good way to get into the hobby?

thanks

Go to your local tackle shop and ask for some help/advice on what kind of fishing you want to do and places to fish in your area.

I am interested in fishing, don't want to hijack, but does anyone know a good way to get into the hobby?

thanks
Yea the local fishing shop will be all too happy to help you out... But also remember you dont need to spend hundreds of pounds on tackle, its more improtant to find the fish and put you bait near them....
also what kind of fishing do you want to do, if you go on google you can find some good fourums that are all to happy too help.....

Need anymore help pm me

Rich

the type of fishing depends on your country. uk has more coarse angling than the usa who like big bass fishing better

I go fishing with my dad. He likes to catch bass. I just ctch the little sunfish :) We mainly let them go, but I put a few in out tank and pond. They're pretty. Also, we got 2 turtles, 1 5" Painted turtle, and one 1" snapper with nets, scooping in the plants and stuff, and a few catfish, which I think are Channel Catfish. It was so cool, there was a school of about 200 of them going by, and they were only like an inch long! Now they're 6 inch beasts!

Ah yes!

i love to fish!

im an all out bass and crappie guy.

i do fish with the whole bobber aand worm thing when my g/f decides to go with.

i just sold my 120g set up which had 2 wild blue gill, 1 blue gill and 1 pumpkin seed bluegill, also had 1 sunfish.

lots of fun fishing.
better on the boat then from land IMO

I luv fishing myself I personally like catfishing so I do a lot of fishing at night I have river by my house that has channels and bullhead. So every other day I go fishing to take my stress out. I love the filling when u have a big one on the line ur heart starts pumping!!

I myself have never tried fly fishing, looks fun...did sea fishin with my parents when i lived in Norway...but i normally do float fishing...i do sometimes feel sorry for the fish, but they do say the fish can't feel it. The worst fish for getting stuck on the hook are them blummin perch...talk about ruining a day of fishing, i was sat there for 30 mins once (placing it in the water in intervals) and in the end it died :X but that was a tiddler. But yes i say fishing is a relaxing sport, and rewarding when you catch a biggy :D...which i almost did till it jumped off me hook... 5cm away...ugh still gutted now twas a big breme :angry: ... but yes tis very rewarding and relaxing :D

I fish, pike, walleye and salmon... yeah, I like the big fish fight!

Oh and P.S. I really want to try fly fishing too, that looks really fun!

people give me crap all the time about my "hypocriticle" hobby of fishing!!! :X

lol

i like the big fish fights too....
i went deep sea fishing this summer in mexico. 12 mahi mahi! :D it was a blast!

That is awesome, I would LOVE to go deep sea fishing in the ocean, I just go charter fishing the in the great lakes.

i do a lot of carp and catfish fishing, my biggest carp is 30lb 6oz out of the river thames and my biggest catfish is 42lb 8oz,

with it being winter im onto the pike at the mo, my biggest so far is 22lb 2oz, not massive but still a bit of a croc!!

recently started doing a bit of sea fishing to off the south coast, managed a few nice conger the other day from minehead harbour, the biggest being 21lb!!

im off to spain in april after the catfish, should hopefully get one 150lb+!! cant wait! :good:

Most reactions

Back