Fishheaded's 10g Journal

Hey guys, ended up getting another smaller true perc in hopes the one I already have would pair with it. The female nips at him every now and then and sometimes they swim together. My hammer hosts the female and everytime my new perc tries to get near the hammer for it to host him also, the female chases him away. Will the female ever let the male be hosted by the hammer too?

Clownfish can be hard work, they either bond on they dont and in a small tank this can be an issue. If after a couple of weeks the nipping is still going on then I would say that thats how it will remain. I have found that they can sometimes be agressive at first, but after a few days this dissaperears and they will then settle if they are going to.

Clownfish can be hard work, they either bond on they dont and in a small tank this can be an issue. If after a couple of weeks the nipping is still going on then I would say that thats how it will remain. I have found that they can sometimes be agressive at first, but after a few days this dissaperears and they will then settle if they are going to.

Awesome, they swim around together alot, but everytime the new guy gets near the hammer, female chases it away. Also they sleep on opposite sides of the tank (one top left, one top right) :( I want them to sleep together :p

i would like to know EXACTLY what lighting you are using. Your tank looks awsome, exaclty how i want my nano. That black sand with the lights look awsome

i would like to know EXACTLY what lighting you are using. Your tank looks awsome, exaclty how i want my nano. That black sand with the lights look awsome

Lol :) thanks, as of right now i'm only using 64 watts of compact flourescent lighting. (32w daylights/32w actinic)
Need to update, did some rearranging with the rocks on the right side.

Awesome, they swim around together alot, but everytime the new guy gets near the hammer, female chases it away. Also they sleep on opposite sides of the tank (one top left, one top right) :( I want them to sleep together :p

If the agression is only linked to the hosting coral then they should be OK, in time they may come to trust each other. Clowns if they dont like each other or one prefers dominance that the other constantly refuses will scrap all the time. But by the sound of it they know there place and time should see them settling wth each other. I have a tomato clown and a yellow damsel at first they hated each other, but within a week they atarted haning out and now they are inseperable, even sleep together in the same cave. Give them time they sound like they will grow to love each other :)

Thanks littleme, my clowns swim around the tank with each other all day, but they still sleep on opposite sides of the tank and the female is still dam-selfish :lol: with the hammer.

Also I was just wondering which are the better high quality fish food brands. I want to vary my clowns diet with some different foods.
I currently feed them:
-Hikari
---Frozen Brine Shrimp
---Frozen Mysis Shrimp
-Ocean Nutrition
---Formula Two Flakes
-Omega One
---Marine Flakes
I also have some San Francisco Bay reefplankton, but I haven't been feeding it lately because I havent heard much about San Francisco Bay Brand. Is this brand any good? Info/comments would be gladly appreciated :D

Also I plan on buying some ORAGlo but my clowns put pellets in their mouths and spit it back out, they do this a couple times before finally leaving it out. It's almost like they have a hard time "chewing?" Is there any way I can ween them on to pellets?

Hey just curious why you decided to change out the substrate? It looked nice and i was wondering if you had aesthetic issues we couldnt see as far as algae or anything else similar.

Im thinking about getting that sand for my nano when I start mine.

Thanks

Hey just curious why you decided to change out the substrate? It looked nice and i was wondering if you had aesthetic issues we couldnt see as far as algae or anything else similar.

Im thinking about getting that sand for my nano when I start mine.

Thanks

Hey piranha, I actually didn't switch out my substrate, I just left it. I decided I would just not even go through the trouble. As for algae or anything else, I don't have any problems at all. I get a little bit of algae on my glass, (nothing the magfloat can't clean up) but its because I use distilled water. :)

tank looks great man, Im going to try to do something similar with my rock scaping. Leaves nice little gaps for frags later. Keep it up :)

Hey guys, been awhile. I've neglected my tank once again for about 5-6 months :no: Wish I hadn't, had a couple of losses but just thought i would update on the what's going on. Recently just picked up a brain and ric. Enjoy :) Comments welcomed!

DSC00245.jpg

The two.
DSC00253.jpg

FTS (loss some) :sad:
DSC00250.jpg

Yeah man, really nice job. Those frogspawns have grown a LOT huh?

Yeah man, really nice job. Those frogspawns have grown a LOT huh?

Thanks guys. Yeah Ski, it has gotten huge ever since I brought it home. I can't even put anything remotely close to them or they're goners. :crazy: The center one is actually a hammer, sorry for the lack of quality. :/

Well, maybe its time to frag em and sell them to someone locally ;)

Most reactions

Back