Fishheaded's 10g Journal

I've heard nothing but good things about saltwaterfish.com, liveaquaria.com, and premiumaquatics.com as far as dealing with the companies goes. I've heard some people reccomend sharkysreef.com and mkinwaves.com too but only anecdotal reports on those two.

I've heard nothing but good things about saltwaterfish.com, liveaquaria.com, and premiumaquatics.com as far as dealing with the companies goes. I've heard some people reccomend sharkysreef.com and mkinwaves.com too but only anecdotal reports on those two.

Thanx ski, i have never ordered livestock online before and if i were to do so and i wasnt home at the time it arrives at my door, would they just leave it there? :huh:

Yeah they would although it's best for you to be there, if only so you can open the bags to give the fish O2 and control the temperature. Consider having the fish delivered to your place of work if being home is a problem...

Awesome, yeah out here in the desert livestock wouldnt last very long if they were to leave it at my front door :blink: :( Also another question popped into my head; why does my clown only host my hammer when the lights go out and not when they are on? better yet if would be cool if he hosted my bubble :D

Is it normal that my hammer expands like 4 or 5x's its size when i turn on my lights? :blink:
Also can someone answer my question about my perc only hosting it when lights out. :)

Dunno about the perc, their behavior still confuses me. But the hammer should expand for about 20-30 mins after lights out searching for food, and then eventually retract

Hey all, went to the lfs today and added some new additions to the tank:
As musho mentioned before, i dont have any, so i got some:
I never knew how beautiful they look under actinics...:)
(need to learn how to take macro shots)
IMG_0107-1.jpg

Yellow fiji leather:
IMG_0110.jpg

Will the patches without any polyps grow a layer of them?
I want it to look like this (junkitu's leather):
Topshelfcloseup.jpg

Anyone? (post above) :)

Also forgot to mention, thought the lady at my lfs fragged me a bad piece of GSP the day i got the other additions, but it opened today :D. (if i leave this little frag on the substrate without it being on a rock, will it still spread?):
IMG_0097.jpg

Pic of hammer, polyps, open brain, and green star polyps:
IMG_0105.jpg

Actinics:
IMG_0111.jpg

Looking very good! I wasn't a fan of the black substrate at first, but its really growing on me!

Looking very good! I wasn't a fan of the black substrate at first, but its really growing on me!
Thank you, yeah I couldnt decide if i wanted white or black sand, so i went with both :) It looks alot better in person.

i live 30-60 minutes away from sharkys reef, lots of my reef club members go there and all high praises, so im pretty sure their site is very good. Plus in the chicagoland, they are famous for very very nice corals.

I have teh EXACT same type of zoanthid as you, check out my reef log there should be a picture of it.

Yeah, I was thinking about buying some pieces from sharkysreef, they have some nice frags :)
I tried to find your reef log but couldnt, could you post a link?

Also if I leave my GSP on my substrate, will it still spread or should I put it on a rock?

Hey guys, just thought I'd post some pics of my new additions:
Palys:
DSC_0085.jpg

Ric:
DSC_0026.jpg

Palys & Ric:
DSC_0086.jpg

Did some rearranging (preparing for mushroom/ric and zoa/paly wall):
DSC_0020.jpg

Most reactions

Back