fish losing colour

Sometimes at the bottom of the tank you can get stagmented areas, which can cause deseases to multiply, best to stir gravel up now and then, it sound like the air buble lifted some debirs into the water causing your test results to alter.

fatguppy said:
sorry Jon - not sure if you were being tongue in cheek with the swearing? If I can't just let me know.

Love the quote by the way from Life of Brian - one of my favourites and gets quoted at inappropriate times in this house whenever possible.
No I wasn't being tounge in cheek, it really is a family forum, so no swearing :p .

Life of Brian yep, cool film, thinking of a Mr Creasote qoute for my next one :D one little after dinner mint?.

Jon

Okay I will be good from now on - family forum it is!

Definitely going to bed now - can take no more stress - think the whole tank is on it's way out - and at present can do no more.

Learning from my mistakes - just seems a shame the poor fish suffer!

If all else fails at least I now know about fishless cycling - which I will embrace with open fins. ;)

Jane (sad but determined to get it right) xx

Hi fatguppy :)

It sounds like you have an idea of what to do about the problem you posted about, but there was something else you wrote that caught my attention. Since you said you are new to the hobby, I thought I might bring it up.

The aquatic frogs from the lfs come in two varieties, ADFs and ACFs. They are very different creatures in an important way. First, the ADFs (African Dwarf Frogs) are fine since they only grow to about 1 1/2' in body length. They will not hurt your fish, but you should take care that larger fish do not try to bite them.

The bigger frogs, African Clawed Frogs, get to be the size of a man's fist and have mouths to match. They should not be kept in aquariums with small fish because they do not know the difference between friends and food. :eek:

Both kinds are excellent jumpers and your tank should be covered at all times.

Here's a link with information about both kinds. Also, please post any questions you might have about them in our Invertebrates and Amphibians section. They are popular pets and someone will have an answer for you. :D

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=18252

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back