Fish for a 30 gal tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KizzaRum

Reaction score
was just wondering what other I could put into a 30gal?
I definitely want 5 kuhli loaches and a BN pleco but just wandering what other fish I could put in there?

Before we can recommend species, we need to know the dimensions of the tank and the hardness and pH of your water (if you don't know those, you should be ale to find them on your supplier's website).

The tank dimensions are

L48 x D13 x H14 inches

121.9 x 33.0 x 35.6 cm

And the Ph level is between 6.5 and 7.5 :)

With that pH you could fit a wide variety of tropical fish... it really depends on what you want I guess

do You have any suggestions? I want some bright coloured centrepiece fish

Hmmm... I'm definitely a huge fan of guppies. They're very attractive and personable. I'm not sure what the compatibility is with the other fish you mentioned ( I don't know much about those). Cherry barbs are also great fish! I would recommend a school of no less than 6 tho..

No problem!

hmm... I'm not terribly familiar with gouramis, but if they tolerate your pH and such you could do a dwarf Gourami and a school of something. If you do intend on getting a gourami, do NOT mix them with guppies or other brightly colored fish, as they can get territorial. I hear a school of tiger barbs might work? Sorry I don't wanna cause confusion!!

Heck I'm sorry my replies are so scattered... I hope i was of some help!

We need the hardness not the pH. For example I have pH 7.5 which suggests hard water but in fact I have soft water. You can't go by pH.
Look on your water supplier's website, your tap water hardness should be on there somewhere.
Then look up the fish you are interested in on Seriously Fish to see if your hardness is within the range the fish needs.

Tiger barbs look nice but from what I understand might be better in a species only tank as they can be pretty fierce and nip other fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back