Fish bullying?

Graciee

Reaction score
Hey I only have a small tank 30L, I had 6 golden white cloud mountain minnows, one died a little bit ago now so there's just 5, one of them seems to hide tho and get chased and bullied by 2 of the others. Is there anything I can do for him? I've been making sure he's getting food etc but just a bit worried about him.

You can...

At feeding time, spread the food enough to avoid competitive behaviors.
Increase the shoal size.
Add more plants and hiding places.
Rearrange the tank decor.

Identify the bully, Sometimes there are fish that have an abnormally aggressive nature and removing that fish is the only solution.

You can...

Increase the shoal size.

Identify the bully, Sometimes there are fish that have an abnormally aggressive nature and removing that fish is the only solution.
Oh there's loads of hiding places, I'm more into the planted tank vibe than having fish tbh, I do that at feeding time! He always gets enough I make sure.

Idk if I can have more really in this tank Idk if 6 was too big for this tank size really, there wasn't any bullying going on when there was 6 tho, I do wonder if I should get larger tank but tbh with you I have two tanks atm and only planned on one originally, so I probably want to not have two tanks super long term anyway 😂 it's a large female and another male that seem to chase him :(

You can...

Increase the shoal size.

Sometimes there are fish which want to make little baby fish.

Look at the white clouds. There are two basic body shapes, torpedo-like males and heavier bodied, larger bellied females. Does that add up with the behaviour you're seeing?

Look at the white clouds. There are two basic body shapes, torpedo-like males and heavier bodied, larger bellied females. Does that add up with the behaviour you're seeing?
Yea they're all male except one, the female is actually so big 😂 it's one male and one female chasing the other male. I just looked and now there's two males hiding :(

Yea they're all male except one, the female is actually so big 😂 it's one male and one female chasing the other male. I just looked and now there's two males hiding :(

I've used a breeder box in the past to separate the aggressive fish from the others for a day. Turn off all the lights, change the tank decor and leave it for a day. Sometimes things work and sometimes they don't. In a tank that small its a crap shoot

Most reactions

trending

Back