fish and noise

mandapanda

Reaction score
i was wondering... can a fish tank be in the same room as a tv and radio. doesnt noise stress them out, or is it only certin breeds. if i do decide to get some fish the only room they can be in has a tv and radio.... its never loud, but the tank will be within 6 foot of the tv

I have a radio in my room and it is sometimes turned up fairly loud. The fish don't seem to mind it when it is. :dunno: I don't think a TV or radio will harm them at all.

i hope not, i have 2 tvs(cable/ps2) and my pc in here, my room where the tank is(music played on the pc)

yeah i have a my tv not more then 3 ft from my tank which has xbox, dvd hooked up to it. it gets pretty loud sometimes but the fish dont seem to try to get away from it or anything. Also does things like burning incense effect the water quality if its burned in the same room?

thanks for the help. i was worried that my great idea of getting fish was shot! that makes me feel a ton better. and i wouldnt say incense would effect water quailty, but i am not sure. i say this cuz it doesnt intorduce anything into the water like ammonia or all that other stuff ya gotta worry about..... right?

my tank which has xbox, dvd hooked up to it

Dude! your tank plays video games??? man... I got ripped off... mine just has fish in it....

nc_nutcase said:
my tank which has xbox, dvd hooked up to it

Dude! your tank plays video games??? man... I got ripped off... mine just has fish in it....
:rofl: Well mine has a DVD player, x-box, gamecube, playstation, and playstation 2! :p :rofl:And I have some gameboys hooked up to my betta tanks. ;) :lol:

colegamby said:
Also does things like burning incense effect the water quality if its burned in the same room?
actually, it does! water acts as a sort of air filter and anything that's in the air will wind up in your tank. that's why you should never use a bug bomb or smoke in a room with a fish tank. paint fumes will kill fish too.

i think you can get away with burning incense occasionally, but try not to do it more than say, twice a week.

Yeah, well, think about how many people smoke who keep fish, ten bucks says they don't smoke once or twice a week....

Years ago the drummer in a band I was in kept & bred fish. We practiced a few times a week in the basement under all his tanks. Heavy metal at really extreme volumes didn't seem to bother them at all.

Tolak

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back