Fire Extinguisher Co2 Shopping List?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wigster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get some Co2 into my system.

A fire extinguisher system is probably the one I'm after, but I'm very confused about all the fitments, and have no idea where to purchase them.
Does anyone have a shopping list of items and locations to buy from for a 2kg FE system, with a solenoid/regulator/anything else I need? (? I want to have it automatically shut off at night, and turn on in morning etc).

Tank setup:
160Litres

2 x Arcadia 36" 30w Reflector
2 x Arcadia T8 36" 30w Tropical Tube

Currently I'm dosing:
Liquid Carbon (Neutro CO2 from Aqua Essentials) [4ml per day]
Fert (Neutro T from Aqua Essentials) [10ml per day]

A few months ago I bought a load of plants, and I was fairly happy (as seen in first picture). Then they slowly detriorated (as seen in second picture, which is how it currently looks).
178361_10151038233601224_1240837083_o.jpg

photo1353584321.jpg

The reason it went down hill is your dosing Neutro T with the Carbon, you need Neutro+ with it and will need it if switching to pressurised CO2.

List of things to get are as follows,
CO2 Fire Extinguisher - Ebay £20
CO2 reg with solenoid - Ebay £30 - from Hong Kong
CO2 tubing Ebay/LFS £5
Bubble counter and non return valve - Ebay £5
Drop Checker - Ebay £5
4DKH - Ebay £2
Bromo Blue - Ebay £3
Diffuser - The choice is yours but I use an UP atomizer that fits on the external filter outlet and gets pretty much 100% diffusion. - Ebay - £15 from Hong Kong

If you can't get an FE from Ebay then go to a local fire extinguisher services and they'll give you a 2nd hand one for like 10-20 quid.

P.S. That's a lot of lighting, with a lot of lighting there is less room for error and the consequences are much greater if you make a mistake, I'd go with 80watts of lighting max to start with if I were setting up pressurised for the first time but your choice.

Steve

@Too Jazzy? - I was advised by Aqua essentials to use the Neutro T and the Carbon, as I'm not injecting Co2? - They advised if I did start injecting Co2 I would then need all 3 (Neutro T and + and maybe liquid carb).

Also I think the way I described my lighting is possibly confusing.. I think I've only got 60W of lighting total? (2x 30 W tubes, and then 2 basic metal reflectors that just reflect that light but are rated as 30W for some reason).

Thanks for the list - I'll try and find that lot on eBay later :D!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, its Steve btw lol, Aqua essentials advised you wrong, the neutro+ contains all the trace (micro) elements and the NPK (macro) elements. Trust me, they used to have a 3 stage fert line but since the neutro has come out you only need one or the other, if using carbon or CO2 you need +, if low light and no carbon or CO2 then the T is fine. Yeah your lighting is fine its just above low light range really. Thought it was a lot of light lol.

P.S. If still unsure read the details on their website for the two ferts and you'll see whats in the T is in the + along with the NPK.

Also would be a good idea to extend your spray bar to get a better flow in your tank.

Either that or put it on the right side of the tank so the flow circulates the whole tank before going back to the filter. :)

All the Co2 Regulators/solenoids I can see on eBay seem really expensive - like £50-60?
This is the cheapest I've found, at 29.99, plus 15.00 p&p - so £45
confused.gif
?
(This one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CO2-regulator-with-solenoid-magetic-valve-aquarium-/250692507511?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a5e701777)

Get one from Hong Kong on ebay, they're not cheap anyway but cheaper from there. 22mm reg and solenoid would help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back