Fire Extinguisher Co2 Shopping List?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Wigster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get some Co2 into my system.

A fire extinguisher system is probably the one I'm after, but I'm very confused about all the fitments, and have no idea where to purchase them.
Does anyone have a shopping list of items and locations to buy from for a 2kg FE system, with a solenoid/regulator/anything else I need? (? I want to have it automatically shut off at night, and turn on in morning etc).

Tank setup:
160Litres

2 x Arcadia 36" 30w Reflector
2 x Arcadia T8 36" 30w Tropical Tube

Currently I'm dosing:
Liquid Carbon (Neutro CO2 from Aqua Essentials) [4ml per day]
Fert (Neutro T from Aqua Essentials) [10ml per day]

A few months ago I bought a load of plants, and I was fairly happy (as seen in first picture). Then they slowly detriorated (as seen in second picture, which is how it currently looks).
178361_10151038233601224_1240837083_o.jpg

photo1353584321.jpg

The reason it went down hill is your dosing Neutro T with the Carbon, you need Neutro+ with it and will need it if switching to pressurised CO2.

List of things to get are as follows,
CO2 Fire Extinguisher - Ebay £20
CO2 reg with solenoid - Ebay £30 - from Hong Kong
CO2 tubing Ebay/LFS £5
Bubble counter and non return valve - Ebay £5
Drop Checker - Ebay £5
4DKH - Ebay £2
Bromo Blue - Ebay £3
Diffuser - The choice is yours but I use an UP atomizer that fits on the external filter outlet and gets pretty much 100% diffusion. - Ebay - £15 from Hong Kong

If you can't get an FE from Ebay then go to a local fire extinguisher services and they'll give you a 2nd hand one for like 10-20 quid.

P.S. That's a lot of lighting, with a lot of lighting there is less room for error and the consequences are much greater if you make a mistake, I'd go with 80watts of lighting max to start with if I were setting up pressurised for the first time but your choice.

Steve

@Too Jazzy? - I was advised by Aqua essentials to use the Neutro T and the Carbon, as I'm not injecting Co2? - They advised if I did start injecting Co2 I would then need all 3 (Neutro T and + and maybe liquid carb).

Also I think the way I described my lighting is possibly confusing.. I think I've only got 60W of lighting total? (2x 30 W tubes, and then 2 basic metal reflectors that just reflect that light but are rated as 30W for some reason).

Thanks for the list - I'll try and find that lot on eBay later :D!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, its Steve btw lol, Aqua essentials advised you wrong, the neutro+ contains all the trace (micro) elements and the NPK (macro) elements. Trust me, they used to have a 3 stage fert line but since the neutro has come out you only need one or the other, if using carbon or CO2 you need +, if low light and no carbon or CO2 then the T is fine. Yeah your lighting is fine its just above low light range really. Thought it was a lot of light lol.

P.S. If still unsure read the details on their website for the two ferts and you'll see whats in the T is in the + along with the NPK.

Also would be a good idea to extend your spray bar to get a better flow in your tank.

Either that or put it on the right side of the tank so the flow circulates the whole tank before going back to the filter. :)

All the Co2 Regulators/solenoids I can see on eBay seem really expensive - like £50-60?
This is the cheapest I've found, at 29.99, plus 15.00 p&p - so £45
confused.gif
?
(This one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CO2-regulator-with-solenoid-magetic-valve-aquarium-/250692507511?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a5e701777)

Get one from Hong Kong on ebay, they're not cheap anyway but cheaper from there. 22mm reg and solenoid would help.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back