Filters help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wiff58

Reaction score
Hi I have a new 70litre tank which I'm into my 3rd week of cycling .. It came with a juwel bioflow one filter .. I was wondering if adding another filter to help with water flow and flirtation is over kill ???

There is no benefit to more filters, or larger filters, provided the aquarium has a filter that will handle the system, and provided the system is balanced with respect to the fish load and tank size, water changes, feeding, etc.

More or larger filters does not mean better filtration, and can be quite the reverse.

There is no benefit to more filters, or larger filters, provided the aquarium has a filter that will handle the system, and provided the system is balanced with respect to the fish load and tank size, water changes, feeding, etc.

More or larger filters does not mean better filtration, and can be quite the reverse.
Hi Thanks for the advise .. I have 4 Zebra Danios and I'm hoping to add another 4 soon and 4 Corys...

Hi Thanks for the advise .. I have 4 Zebra Danios and I'm hoping to add another 4 soon and 4 Corys...

Not a problem with fish load there, so go easy on the filter/filtration. In this small a tank (to the fish it is very small) they must be able to get out of the filter current or they will have no rest and literally wear themselves out.

Cories need a group of at least five. Six would be better...what species are you thinking of? The Panda would go well here, as they like cooler water as do the danios, low to mid 70's F.

Hi ... I had looked at the bronze or Jullia?? But if you think the Panda is better I'd look into them .... So if I have about 14 small fish 8 Danios and 6 Corys that wouldn't be over stocking my tank ?? I've got to wait a few more weeks untill I can add them?? My wife would like something with colour but I love the Danios ... cheers

Hi ... I had looked at the bronze or Jullia?? But if you think the Panda is better I'd look into them .... So if I have about 14 small fish 8 Danios and 6 Corys that wouldn't be over stocking my tank ?? I've got to wait a few more weeks untill I can add them?? My wife would like something with colour but I love the Danios ... cheers

All cories prefer cooler water so that isn't really an issue anyway. The pandas are a tad smaller, but any of these in a group of at least five or six is OK.

The julii cory is usually not Corydoras julii, but C. trilineatus. The latter are almost always the actual species labelled julii. Still a nice little cory.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back