Fight!fight! (update W/ Pics!)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sukie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
OH MY!!

Came home today fr work and cked on my guys (bettas) and noticed that my lil guy I got fr Styx (Waldo) fins were all shredded. My first thoughts were, "CRAP!! He's got fin rot!!" But then I noticed that that the lil guy I got fr Synirr (Pip) was in the Waldo section in the 10gal tank!!!

Here's the before and after:

BEFORE
Pip.jpg

AFTER
Pipwounds.jpg

Close up of the damage goods. . . .
pipwoundsv.2.jpg

BEFORE
waldo.jpg

AFTER
waldowounds.jpg

Wow the little chap got his own back didn't he, Waldo came off worse and he looked too cute to do so much damage :wub:

I have to say, you're pretty luck they got that little damage! One of mine got over the divider a few months ago, couldn't have been for morew than about 5-10 mins, and pretty much removed all of the fins from my green HM :crazy: He recovered fairly well but his fins were never the same. I bought new dividers that are designed for a bigger tank and cut them so thats they're really high so they cant get over, and piled the gravel around the bottom so they cant get under at all!! Its possible that i may be paranoid :lol:

Here's a pic of my poor green boy after his fins got eaten :sad: Consider yourself lucky! Your fish should heal fine!! :D

Attachments

• 031105_marble2.jpg
    031105_marble2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 35
will the fins actually grow back then? sorry if thats a dumb question... but hey, you dont find out if ya dont ask ;)

yepperz. I would put a little aquarium salt and BettaFix in the water to prevent infection and help the healing process along a bit. They may not look quite the same when they grow back, but they will grow back. :)

I've been cking on them all nite and it seems like Pip's took some chunks off of Waldo's head. Pip's also been very lethagic all night. But Waldo has been swimming around like "it ain't no thang!" (he is 2x Pip's size)

I fed them this morning - and Pip didn't eat. I wonder if the lil' guy hurt his mouth. :/

I've been cking on them all nite and it seems like Pip's took some chunks off of Waldo's head. Pip's also been very lethagic all night. But Waldo has been swimming around like "it ain't no thang!" (he is 2x Pip's size)

I fed them this morning - and Pip didn't eat. I wonder if the lil' guy hurt his mouth. :/

What are you feeding them? Maybe, if you are worried that Pip hurt his mouth you could try some live brine shrimp? They are smaller, and having them swimming around his tank might spur him to go after them. Just a thought. :)

What are you feeding them? Maybe, if you are worried that Pip hurt his mouth you could try some live brine shrimp? They are smaller, and having them swimming around his tank might spur him to go after them. Just a thought. :)

Ooohh good idea!! Thanks!

:angry: OMG! PIP DID IT AGAIN!! He was in Waldo's side of the tank (even w/ a canvas cover!!)

I will have to move them apart - so they can heal up :/

Alrighty folks - update time!

So after Pip jumped 3x I decided it was time to move him and waldo out so they can heal. They've each got a 1gal to themselves, water changes, IAL, and a pinch of salt.

Here's what the look like today:

Pip
pipfrontshoot.jpg

Bite out of the tail area seems to be healing. . . .
pippout2.22.jpg

Waldo
More bites than Pip's butt. . .
waldobutt2.22.jpg

Slow re-growth. . . . :-(
waldoside2.22.jpg

Random pics. . . We went to the Living Aquarium/Planet here in Utah and they had this on display. . .
brinemonkeys.jpg

All I could think bout when I saw that was, "Wish the boys were here!!"

Little Pip has turned into such a good marble :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back