Festival Of Fishkeeping

Hey All,
Just thought I'd report after a good day at the FoF! Bought some twisted vallis, 2 types of bacopa and a bit of java fern on wood. Really good but I also paid for a normal vallis and didn't get it. Got an amazing orchid. Got a sun-glo 18" bulb for 10p!!! Also got a brand new 100 x 40 x 50 tank with no bracing and made of thick glass (think duo 1000 type tank) tank only £20!!!
Got to meet Mr Farmer himself and themeloeus (sp), both lovely chappies! Also another guy on the ukaps stand who was really nice, forgot to ask him his name...
Entry is £2 but you get a goodie bag.

Hi Lisa. sorry i meant to say hello but i didn't realise who you were until you gone. i was the guy in the non UKAPS uniform brown t-shirt. gld you enjoyed the day. i had a great time, good to see everyone again.

here are the pictures i took of the UKAPS stand. sorry none of the rest of the festival, i'm not realy into fish lol. There were some beautiful discus on display though i must admit.

The stand looked fantastic thanks to Bigdanne's printing wizardry and the display tank of course came together perfectly. i wont ramble on the pictures can do the talking. i know there's loads but i thought you'd want to see them all.

Entrance to the festival marquee
IMAG0007.jpg

George giving his demonstration
IMAG0008.jpg

unfortunate cloudy water due to lack of time to wash the gravel! it did clear though.
IMAG0010.jpg

Graham and George
IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Spreading the word...
IMAG0018.jpg

Matt (Frolicsome_Flora) passing on pearl of wisdom.
IMAG0020.jpg

Plants alive donated a ton of plants to UKAPS.
IMAG0021-1.jpg

Graeme Edwards (PFK layout comp winner)
IMAG0023-1.jpg

George pondering
IMAG0024.jpg

Bigdanne
IMAG0026-1.jpg

Sam (Themuleous) and Matt (Frolicsome_Flora)
IMAG0027-1.jpg

IMAG0029-1.jpg

time for a beer..
IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034-1.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

i had to leave at about 2ish so not sure if the tank had any further additions. i think it all came together nicely though, the public seemed impressed with lots of people taking an interest. loads of our leaflets were taken so hopefully we will see some more members on here shortly. the more the merrier..

Well done guys and good luck tomorrow.

Great pictures Jimbooo, thanks for posting them up. The UKAPS stand looks brilliant, I'm sure it was a focal point for many of the people looking around.

I'm afraid I'm not able to go this year, but next year...

sorry CFC didn't see her there lol. are you not tempted to come over to the green side! if i had that 900G of yours i would be in heaven. i guess you wouldn't be impressed with my 100G planted tank with 130 cardinal tetras lol. (for anyone confused read CFC's thread on his new 900G tank. not planted but very impressive.)

The trouble with plants and multiple big tanks is the cost of the ammount of power needed to light them, i used to have a fairly successfull planted tank but as my tastes in fish changed it wasnt possible to keep it going. Also there arent many aquarium plants available that grow large enough to not be dwarfed and destroyed by 2 foot long fish.

i know what you mean mate. i was picturing a few massive java ferns on bogwood in your new tank. you can easily grow them in crap light and size is unlimited as it's on a riozome. i have a 2 foot long specimin that would look great in there. i'll stop preaching now lol

good luck with it.

Np jimbooo, I can't remember a guy in a brown t-shirt :( do you have any pics of yourself?

Managed to get 10 plants from anglo plant stand for £10. Got a moss ball as an option as well! Got a subscription to pfk 13 issues for £30 plus managed to cheek them into giving me a grumpy old fishkeeper tshirt for free too... I swear to god the trick to fishkeeping is low cut tops for discounts :lol: :p Oh and I got 5 cambomba stems for free! Crazyness... If anyone is wishing they went, you should make it your years plan to go next year :D

hi lisa, you were n th left of the stand as you look at it whilst talking to matt, george and dan. i was on the right side of the tank at the front. bad hair day if that helps (need a haircut and ran out of wax!)i'm in the front left of this, kneeling downUKAPS pic
do u know what plants they added to that aquarium

anubias nana
java fern
various crypts
water wysteria
cant remember the rest..

Was great to finally meet so many people from here and UKAPS :) although I must say I was a little disappointed with the overall event not as 'big' as I had expected, but still some nice fish on show. Big well done to all those who did the stand was by far the best in the show.

Sam

Most reactions

Back