Festival Of Fishkeeping

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Some of you may have heard of the Festival of Fishkeeping. It is Europe's biggest fishkeeping hobbyist-run event. This year we are expecting 6000+ visitors over the weekend.

Location is Hayling Island on the south coast. Dates for the public are Sat 13th and Sun 14th October 2007. Entry is free.

http://www.fbas.co.uk/Hayling%20update.html

There is something for every type of fishkeeper, and this year the planted tank enthusiast will be very well represented.

This year will be featuring the UK Aquatic Plant Society (UKAPS). Myself, Matt and Dan will be setting up and running the stand. We welcome any help from other UKAPS members, of course.

The UKAPS stand is looking awesome. I attended last year's event and trust me, our stand will stand out. Dan is a talented graphics designer and has access to the best equipment. He makes exhibition stands for a living.

It will be next to the Practical Fishkeeping stand. You won't miss us, trust me... PFK's Jeremy Gay will be there too.

Our stand will have 2x 350 l. Fluval Venezia corner tanks (big tanks!) to aquascape live in front of the public. It will be videod too. No pressure then!

We have A LOT of plants coming fresh from Asia courtesy of Plants Alive. Loads of premium potted crypts, Anubias covered rocks, 100s of stems. 3 HUGE Java ferns (2 of which grown by me).

We have loads of awesome brachy wood from D-Pac and Ireland (thanks, zig).

We have loads of awesome rocks from Aqua Essentials.

We have black and white (seperate) substrate from D-Pac.

Leaflets featuring some of the UK's talented aquascapers, some from this forum...

Our entry into the Society Furnished Aquaria contest display tank will be highly competitive, I am sure. :) http://www.fbas.co.uk/furncomp.html

This will be a HUGE boost for the UK planted tank hobby and aquascaping.

Please come and pay us a visit. I should be around, either on the UKAPS or PFK stand. I think I'm doing a PFK Ask the Expert session too, so you can try and catch me out with some tricky questions... :hyper:

It would be great to meet some of you in person (I'm not as serious in 'real life'). I think I met just one TFF regular last year...

haha george wish i could be there but i live right across the globe , southern hemisphere down in Australia.

Anyone organising group transport? ;) I'd love to go but have no transport :(
same boat here. I'd train it but haven't a clue where it is and how to get there once I'm at the station.

I would love to go and meet all of you. It's a 2hour and 15min drive away for me though, hhhmm, must persuade the parents!

Anyone organising group transport? ;) I'd love to go but have no transport :(
same boat here. I'd train it but haven't a clue where it is and how to get there once I'm at the station.

Heres a link to google maps:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...p;z=11&om=1

No idea on public transport :(
hahaha look at that its just down the road from stoke :p

I don't think you can, someone in the organising department really messed up when locating a venue didn't they.

anyone in the dorset area I will have 3 (or 2 depending on if my OH wants to come too!) spare seats in my car...

Looking at trains, I can get to Havant in a couple of hours via oxford/reading/basingstoke. Then its a case of public transport - see here for buses from Havant to Hayling Island :)

Edit:

Ok, heres a link to the "exact" location on Hayling island if that helps anyone planning their routes :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=e...p;z=15&om=1

Hi dev, i plan to go on the sunday if you can get to worcester i have room in my car just me and a friend going at the mo, if anyone else near worcester wants to tag along let me know, regards john :)

Someone up there intends me never to attend a meeting or gathering me thinks!!!

I couldn't make your BBQ down the road in Lincolnshire because I was on holiday in Portugal that weekend and now this has been arranged the same weekend as the Lincolnshire Pool Open at Skeggy.

Can I ask that noone in Britain fills anything in calendars before clearing it with me first. lol

Oh well I live and wait for a day when I can do something like this.

Would've been good as most of my family live in Winchester or thereabouts.

Andy

Hmm looks like I could be training it... anyone else in the midlands going or has space for a tag along?

I would absolutely love to go, but it's 450 miles (8 hours) each way. :sad:

Sounds brilliant.

I should be there, but a little tired, after a weeks school trip of trekking in Snowdonia!

(I'll probably be going with Corin Castle)

I'll probably go! I go every year... I normally go with the fiance and a couple of friends and point out people... I'm a fraidy cat. I enjoy the show when there is plenty of things to spend money on, like the year before life. There was loads more stuff like cheap stuff, fish, plants etc... I went both days, but last year I was only there for a few hours and that included a talk and eating lunch. All the anabantoid association stuff was already sold on the saturday when I went last year.

Most reactions

Back