feeling overwhelmed (with bad advice!)

I'm afraid you have very hard water which is not suitable for ember tetras.

You could look into Endlers ( N class )

You could look into Endlers ( N class )

I'm not sure I could cope with livebearers as a first fish! :eek: which is my other concern, ideally If I do opt for pygmy corydoras and some small tetras, I'd prefer for them to be males (I understand the females can lay eggs weeks later, even after being separated) but I presume the smaller the fish the harder they are to tell male from female?

Also, if I were to find some eggs in the tank, I don't feel i'd be in a position to raise too many of them as I do have limited space. Other than taking them to the LFS is there another "kinder" way to ensure they didn't hatch? or would the fish instinctively eat them?

It is only livebearers that can have babies weeks later without a male. Tetras and cories need a male present when the eggs are laid or they won't be fertilised.

A tank of male endlers would be very suitable. Provided you don't get females they are no harder than any other fish. They are very easy to tell apart, though i would not trust a shop worker to know the difference. Male endlers come in a variety of different colours and patterns and are very pretty fish. Though to get class N endlers you would have to go to a breeder as all the endlers in shops are endler-guppy hybrids.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back