Esha 2000

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OMA

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I used some esha 2000 to help cure my tank, and it turned wy water green

I wasn't too bothered but 5 hours later the water is still pretty green and my stone sucker died :-(
(this could be from the thing i'm trying to cure or the medication)
He my first fish to die on me, it was so sad getting his stiff body out of the water
R.I.P - He's sucking stones in heaven now.

Has anyone had this problem??

I've used it but it didn't send by water green, you don't have any metals in the tank do you, like a chemical reaction has happened, what are you using the med for.

Any metal bits on your tank equipment.

Maybe you overdosed it but you are supposed to turn the overhead light off as its malachite green.
I think you are overstocked as well.
What symptoms were the fish showing?

no metals that i can think of, water is treated before it goes in the tank.

I didn't turn of the light though, It did change to green the second that it hit the water. back to clear this morning though.

The fish got white spot, so i'm treating for that but a few sores and ulcers appeared as well. i was assured that i could use the white spot treatment and the esha 2000 at the same time.

No other fish are dead gladly

Glad it's back to nornal, good luck.

Hi
yeah I've used it it turns water green for first day then clear next day

I agree... turns almost fluorescent green :)

we swear by the stuff - never lost a fish to it (even upping the dose more than recommended with a particually resistant white-spot problem after a power outage recently - i say outage... i forgot to plug everything back in after a water change - oops :X )

Hi
yeah I've used it it turns water green for first day then clear next day

I agree... turns almost fluorescent green :)

we swear by the stuff - never lost a fish to it (even upping the dose more than recommended with a particually resistant white-spot problem after a power outage recently - i say outage... i forgot to plug everything back in after a water change - oops :X )

That's good to know. on the instruction it says to use something else (another esha product of course), rather than 2000 to clear up white spot.

By the way, is the esha, thing for afterwards (you know what i mean) any good to help calm the stress and boost immunity?

No more losses either so i'm happy. If only my stone sucker could enjoy my healthier looking tank with me :sad:

I find it's like a tonic, small doses of parasite med, fungus med, and bacteria med.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back