Eheim Pickup 2008 Filter Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Musahi

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My Eheim Pickup 2008 internal filter arrived today. I've noticed a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. Or if it's a faulty unit. I have the unit submerged, water line is half way up the air hose. Air regulating valve is on full (have tried various adjustments of this), and the output nozzle is half-way retracted (again, tried various adjustments of this). The problem I've found is that there are no bubbles being expelled. There's definitely a current being expelled, but a lack of bubbles. I get a tiny amount of bubbles if I have the air valve opened fully and the output nozzle halfway retracted. I've looked at various videos on youtube to see how other peoples units perform, and there seems to be a good, rich amount of bubbles being expelled. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Or do you think it's a faulty unit? Have tried phoning the seller (I bought it online) but they were very unhelpful and blamed it on me, that I must have caused a blockage. There is no blockage, I've taken it apart, dried it, cleaned it, blown through it. No success. Thanks if anyone can help.

Hi everyone. My Eheim Pickup 2008 internal filter arrived today. I've noticed a problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. Or if it's a faulty unit. I have the unit submerged, water line is half way up the air hose. Air regulating valve is on full (have tried various adjustments of this), and the output nozzle is half-way retracted (again, tried various adjustments of this). The problem I've found is that there are no bubbles being expelled. There's definitely a current being expelled, but a lack of bubbles. I get a tiny amount of bubbles if I have the air valve opened fully and the output nozzle halfway retracted. I've looked at various videos on youtube to see how other peoples units perform, and there seems to be a good, rich amount of bubbles being expelled. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Or do you think it's a faulty unit? Have tried phoning the seller (I bought it online) but they were very unhelpful and blamed it on me, that I must have caused a blockage. There is no blockage, I've taken it apart, dried it, cleaned it, blown through it. No success. Thanks if anyone can help.

Hi,

Try moving it closer to the surface a little. I think you will find it will work for you then!!

Alan

Hi,

Try moving it closer to the surface a little. I think you will find it will work for you then!!

Alan
[/quote]

Thanks for answering. Just tried what you said. No difference I'm afraid. It's not meant to skim the water as I think you're suggesting. This link Eheim 2008 shows a tank with an Eheim Pickup 2008 how it's supposed to be working. It's those bubbles that's missing on mine :sad:

This is probably too late, but arent you supposed to have some sort of air intake from the surface if you want bubbles blown out? Other filters that can work submerged and have a venturi effect have a small tube to the surface. I just happened to find this thread as I was researching the Eheim Pickup before buying one. If anyone knows of any problems with them, please let me know.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back