Egg Sack?

Alexp08

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a planted tank with about 6 fancy guppy fry and 7 molly fry, some CRS and about 15 snails (attached to the plants when I bought them) and snails are tiny smaller than an eraser. Anyways I saw these 2 things ob the side of my tank. Im assuminh they are egg sacks. But are they? What are they from?
20rtgly.jpg

They look like snail eggs to me - you'll probably experience an increase in your population very soon!

Yes snail eggs and if you don't want a population increase I would use a tube (spare airhose works well) and siphon the eggs out of the tank but please don't dump the water/ eggs down sinks/ toilets or even in drains/ gutters.

The only option is the snail. Mollies and guppies are live bearing fish, RCS lay eggs, but the female will carry them on her belly until they hatch.

Thats what I thought. Anothet question now. There are little white worms in my tank. About a quarter inch in size. Couldn't get a pic but does anyone have an idea of what they are?

Are they in your gravel? Like if you mix up the gravel do they show up in the gross stuff from below? If so they are a harmless worm and your fish might just snack on them. But they usually show up because of overfeeding or unclean gravel. You will always have a few here and there but if it is a lot you will need to back off on food and clean the gravel more often. 

No, I saw them swimming near the top. Never saw them in the tank before. And there was only about 3 of them

Alexp08 said:
No, I saw them swimming near the top. Never saw them in the tank before. And there was only about 3 of them

Without a picture its difficult to determine what they are but they're not something you've put in and could be larve of some insect or other. If I were you I'd net them out of the tank and get rid of them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back