Dying fish

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I was told if I treated them for ich then I could put them in main tank after treatment is over.

These things happen, we were all new at one stage and made the same mistakes.

Are there any fish left?
I have six left. One pleco,two mollies,an angelfish, a platy and I’m pretty sure my swordtail is pregnant.

Hi I am posting this to let everyone know that it is easy and simple to keep your fish alive. I have been keeping fish for a year now I have 6 tanks from 225gal 150gal 2-120gal a 40 and a 35gal. So I have quite the variety of fish and have done a ton of research. So I have had a few fish get sick including a bala shark he started getting really bad all of his fins turned blood red he stopped eating and started losing his size then his fins started to rot away I searched high and low on what to do and absolutely everyone says that the fish is going to die no matter what and that it is a internal bleed from there organs. So I wasn't going to give up. So here is what I did and trust me it works for a whack of other problems. So initially they tell you to crank the heat okay well don't because that's how parasites and bacteria thrive so I move them to my 35 gallon tank and keep the heat low like 74 I keep the lights off all the time because light also helps parasites and bacteria to grow. Now the other thing I do is and swear by is melafix and pimafix always use melafix every time you introduce a new fish. So I put the recommended dose of melafix in the tank every single day for 5 days straight leave it for 2 days then continue for another 5 days then I do a 50% water change and I refill the tank with fresh cold water drip at 1 gallon per hour. Cheap and easy to do you can buy the drip irrigation kit at the hardware store for about $40 Canadian. I keep repeating those steps every 2 weeks until they have improved and as soon as they look better put them right back into there tank because if they are a community fish they will be stressed from being alone and still won't eat much but as soon as you put them back you can tell how excited they are and start eating like crazy. I have never had a fish die since I started using this method melafix is bacteria and pimafix is fungal and you can mix the 2 if you are using pimafix for fungal and the fungas has done some damage to there body the melafix helps the healing process. Just try these methods you just may be surprised how well it works even if you don't have a quarantine tank do the same methods to your main tank. But once cured go back to doing a weekly water change. Let me know if this works for you? I was just tired of hearing your fish is going to die. When it doesn't have to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back