Dwarf Gouramis Hates New Tank Mates

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

spud13

Reaction score
hi, i went and purchased 2 golden ram cichlids today to go into my community tank, the problem is my dwarf gourami has harassed them awfull, so i have taken him out and given him a couple of hours to give the new fish a break and hope that when i put him back in he acts like the new fish in the tank and leaves them alone, but this has not worked when i put him back in hes gone back to being a bully,
my tank consits of
140L
2x polka dot loaches
3x tetra ( not sure what sort ) 1 inch
black shark 2"
apple snails + shrimp
dwarf gourami
2x dwarf cichlids
the gourami has on occasion bullied the tetra
any ideas on what to do would be apreciated

Sounds as though you have one bad Gourami.
Not alot you can do. Re-arrange the tank decor, create lots of hiding spaces. It will likely come down to you choosing between the Rams or Gourami :/

thing is if its going to be a bully then other fish that i add its most likley going to do the same thing, when you read up about them it always says good community fish, but when you read on here there not always that nice

Gouramis are territorial fish, and these rams have invaded his territory. Take him out, rearrange as radar says, and preferably put him back after you put in the rams. In this way, he won't recognise his old territory, and will be in a position where he comes in last, and has to establish a new territory.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back