Dwarf gourami got picked on

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dolphie2494

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a dwarf gourami that got picked on by another one. I was able to put the aggressor in a time out tank and rearrange the decor in the aquarium and got the aggressive behavior to stop. My question is he is now acting different and had a little of his tail damaged is there anything I can do to help him pull through? I've added stress coat and he will eat a bit but now hides alot and isn't very active at all.

Check the water quality in the tank and make sure there is no ammonia or nitrite in the water. If there is, do a 75% water change and gravel clean the tank each day until there is no longer any ammonia or nitrite.

Have some floating plants in the tank for the gouramis.

Keep the water clean, feed him a variety of food and his tail should heal up without any issues. If the damaged area goes red and looks inflamed then it has a bacterial infection. If the damaged area goes white and fluffy it has a fungal infection. If this happens you will need to add a medication to treat the fish but don't add anything unless if happens, and then post a picture here first.

If you do need to add a medication try to find Methylene Blue, it will treat fungus and bacteria and is relatively safe for fish. But it does kill filter bacteria so you have to monitor water quality.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back