Dwarf Gourami And Platy's?

Em29

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hiya - Will dwarf Gourami get on ok with a group of 15 platies? I have a 90l tank that has finished it's cycle. This weekened I am putting platies in, then Corydoras followed by some kind of Gourami (tank stats allowing). I like the dwarf gourami and the Honey but have never kept them before.

Is there anything in particular I need to know about the gourami species?? What is their preferred temperature? How many is suggested - a pair or three?

Hiya - Will dwarf Gourami get on ok with a group of 15 platies? I have a 90l tank that has finished it's cycle. This weekened I am putting platies in, then Corydoras followed by some kind of Gourami (tank stats allowing). I like the dwarf gourami and the Honey but have never kept them before.

Is there anything in particular I need to know about the gourami species?? What is their preferred temperature? How many is suggested - a pair or three?
I have 3 dwarf gourami with some platy, and their fine, both kind of peacfull fish. My male DG usually hovers around the floating plants in my tank, and ragularly builds a bubble nest and breeds, i do try to save some fry just after hatching just. I have about 30 fry of 4-6weeks old which are coming along nicely. But neither bother each other speices wise.

My female DG chases my blue male platy, it's quite funny. Perhaps he reminds her of her other half who sadly succumbed to DGD :lol: . But there's never any aggression between the two species.

Well I now have one male dg and two female (blues). They are happy in the tank with 10 platies. The male has paired off with a female and one female hangs out on her own..

Most reactions

Back