Dr. Tim'S One & Only Nitrifying Bacteria Does It Work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

great information...Thanks.
Well as of day 52 in my 12 Gal tank I am getting double zeroes every 24 hours, my Nitrate is at ~80 and my PH crashed down to 6.8 so I added Baking soda and the PH is now at 7.9.
I am also a very impatient person so I just bought Dr.Tim's one and only and will try it in the tank to see if speeds things up a little.

Let me know how you make out. Like I said it definately did not hurt anything, after looking over some other peoples cycle logs, I have come to the conclusion that it did speed things up some what. Both my tanks are coming along nicely now so I guess I can't really complain, it hasn't even been a full 30 days yet and the ammonia in the 5 gallon is clearing completely after 12 hours and the nitrites clearing completely after 24 hours. The 12 gallon has not yet cleared ammonia, and I have no nitrites but nitrates are starting to rise. The one thing I did notice is that I have yet to experience a ph crash, even with my nitrates up above 80 in the 5 gallon, so maybe the product helped with that But like I said, I was kinda hoping for the "overnight cycle" product :blush:. Friends of mine that use it in all there new tanks swear by it, so I guess it does work, just not quickly enough for my impatience soul :lol:

Hi and sorry I kinda forgot some people are still following this, untill rgrrmg added a reply (thanks by the way). I have updated everything in the first post upto today.

Well I'm glad rebrn and rgrrmg are both in this thread as before this I probably thought they were one and the same when I ran across them individually :lol: sorry guys!

Thanks for updating, for the last 6 weeks I have been getting double zeroes on the ammonia (at 24hrs.) except for 1 nitrite spike 1 day. For those same 6 weeks I have also been getting 0 ammonnia at 12 hours (or less), so that is why I have been so impatient...so close but yet so far.

I hope to get the One And Only bacteria sometime this week, I will post the results if I see any.

Well my Dr Tim's is on the FedEx truck and will be delivered sometime today. As of this morning, the numbers were as follows.
On day 56 12 gal tank;

yesterday morning at 24 hrs my ammonia was at 0, Nitrite was at 0, after adding a dose of ammonia it was about 4.0, at 12 hrs. Ammonia was at 0, Nitrite at 2.0, at 18 hrs the nitrite was at 0.50, then this morning it was as 0.

It will be interesting to see if Dr. Tim's helps speed things up...

Let us know how it goes Rgrrmg. I would love to hear of an honest to goodness bacterial supplement that works.

Ok at about 2PM CST today I added the Dr. Tim's one and only, it appears early on as if it has stopped the cycling process. It may be too early to tell but within the next hour my ammonia level would be at zero... Its not even close. I figure I'll know more tomorrow.

I'd say give it at least 36 hours. I had 4ppm of ammonia and it took 36 hours post does for it to drop to 2ppm in the 12 gallon and 60 hours post does to drop to 2ppm in the 5 gallon. What was your ammonia reading right before you added Dr. Tim's? Remember if it was above 2 you really need to add double the dose, that was my problem, I didn't really start to get good results until I doubled the dose, since my ammonia level was at 4ppm, not the recommended 2ppm. Also where did you order it from, certain stores that sell it don't necessarily pack it properly for shipping during cold/warm months. If it froze/overheated during shipping, there is a very good possibility that it is dead, and will not work. Redspet.com is the only store I know of that ships properly for possible freezing/overheating, and trust me I checked them all :lol:

updated my log in first post

I'd say give it at least 36 hours. I had 4ppm of ammonia and it took 36 hours post does for it to drop to 2ppm in the 12 gallon and 60 hours post does to drop to 2ppm in the 5 gallon. What was your ammonia reading right before you added Dr. Tim's? Remember if it was above 2 you really need to add double the dose, that was my problem, I didn't really start to get good results until I doubled the dose, since my ammonia level was at 4ppm, not the recommended 2ppm. Also where did you order it from, certain stores that sell it don't necessarily pack it properly for shipping during cold/warm months. If it froze/overheated during shipping, there is a very good possibility that it is dead, and will not work. Redspet.com is the only store I know of that ships properly for possible freezing/overheating, and trust me I checked them all :lol:

updated my log in first post
Hi Rebrn,
I purchased the Dr. Tim's from Reds Pets, it came in a box that was a foam cooler with a cold pack. I added 3 times the dosage because I knew from what you had said that for more than 2ppm you have to add a higher dose. The bottle said you can't overdose so I added a little more. I will wait for a few more days and keep a log to see waht happens...but it does seem like my cycle has taken a step backwards for now.

Thanks for your advice it is much appreciated, and of course the rest of the folks on this forum.

Well Redspet definately knows how to pack it, so it is doubtful that the product is dead, and adding the extra was definately the right thing to do. I guess it is just wait and see. The other thing is did you add it to the water or did you pour it over your filter. I know when I added the second dose I added it in the filter rather than the main tank, that also seemed to help speed it up a bit. Wait a little longer, if still no advance and you have some left, try pouring it directly on to the biomedia, that might help.

Good Luck

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back