Do you think I have a problem or nah?...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
So, Mr Barnicles has just had to buy me 2 units for all my houseplants as I fear things may be getting out of hand 😬

I'm my collection I have:
8 phalaenopsis orchids
7 cacti of different varieties
2 Jade plants
1 Gollum Jade plant
2 Weeping Fig Ficus
6 Schlumberger
2 Pothos (plus another in the tank)
1 snake plant
1 zebra Haworthia
1 Monstera
1 Syngonium
2 Philodendrons
1 Calathea
2 Dracaena
1 Cyclamen
And last (but I'm afraid to say not least) a Croton....

I can't help it 🫣 I just can't resist! Surely someone else is worse than me?

Edited to add 2 Venus Fly Traps 🤣

So, Mr Barnicles has just had to buy me 2 units for all my houseplants as I fear things may be getting out of hand 😬

I'm my collection I have:
8 phalaenopsis orchids
7 cacti of different varieties
2 Jade plants
1 Gollum Jade plant
2 Weeping Fig Ficus
6 Schlumberger
2 Pothos (plus another in the tank)
1 snake plant
1 zebra Haworthia
1 Monstera
1 Syngonium
2 Philodendrons
1 Calathea
2 Dracaena
1 Cyclamen
And last (but I'm afraid to say not least) a Croton....

I can't help it 🫣 I just can't resist! Surely someone else is worse than me?
Nahhh, you don't have a problem... Totally not... :whistle:

I have absolutely no self control

I recognize about 1/4 or more of your plants, as they hang out of my aquariums… so I don’t think you have a problem…

Didn’t translate to USA very well… what is a “unit”???

I recognize about 1/4 or more of your plants, as they hang out of my aquariums… so I don’t think you have a problem…

Didn’t translate to USA very well… what is a “unit”???
A unit is a piece of furniture...a cabinet, a dresser etc...one of the ones we've gone for looks a bit like this:
Screenshot_20231024_215639_Google.jpg

I don't know the 'proper names' for some of the plants but I could look them up

I've just noticed my Amaryllis on the coffee table I've just potted 🤣 jeepers

" I just can't resist! Surely someone else is worse than me?"

You have about 42 houseplants. I have around 48. Neither of us have a problem that a bigger house wouldn't solve.

" I just can't resist! Surely someone else is worse than me?"

You have about 42 houseplants. I have around 48. Neither of us have a problem that a bigger house wouldn't solve.
That's what I said! Come and tell Mr Barnicles that because he doesn't believe me

You have a very serious problem.

Crotons?

Uh oh.
The price was too good to pass up...and he was just too handsome...and no I'm not ashamed 🧐

Problem? What problem?
your problem reminds me of the Brother P-touch labelmaker commercial for the 1990s

tell your husband your hobby
for collecting plants (aka Multiple Plant Syndrome) is better than collecting aquariums (aka Multiple Tank Syndrome)...they take up less space and cost less.

PS: I like that stand for all the plants..buy three of them :lol:

Last edited:
I used to have over 1000 kangaroo paw plants, as well as a few hundred (give or take a 1000) other types of native and non-native plants. So I don't think you have a problem yet.

A friend of mine had 1000s of Bromeliads.

You could end up with MTS and MPS, but not for a while.

I used to have over 1000 kangaroo paw plants, as well as a few hundred (give or take a 1000) other types of native and non-native plants. So I don't think you have a problem yet.

A friend of mine had 1000s of Bromeliads.

You could end up with MTS and MPS, but not for a while.
Wowsers, OK that makes me feel better....I dare say once the kids leave home there will be more space for both...especially so if I move hubby into the shed 💡

I have my fish set up in an outbuilding, which has three windows. If for some bizarre reason you ever find yourself where I live, you might appreciate how houseplants and fishtanks look together.

I will have an oasis of jungle in the snow. I will. My 18 foot long Monstera-like vine died in my move here, but a whole lot of other stuff lives on.

It's odd though. I am incredibly precise about the names of fish. I keep good records, and breed them carefully. With houseplants, almost everything seems to be a cultivar or a hybrid - for a nature based hobby there isn't a lot of interest in nature. So I just grow them and don't worry about the labels.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back