Diy Rocks

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Alasse

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So i am gonna have a go at making some fake rocks. I want to be able to add them to any tank and not have to use silicone. 

Just made my 1st one, a bit of trial and error gonna be happening here i think lol. I'll post a pic once its set enough to come out of the mould

did you make it out of styrofoam?

Just out of curiosity why not use real rocks?

No foam used :)

Because finding the right size and colour etc is not always easy. This way i can make as many as required for a scape

Well good luck and I can't wait to see the finished rocks :)

Quick pic, not fully cleaned up or detailed as yet
Rock21stApril20141b.jpg

You should really turn your skills at making these rocks and backgrounds into a small business. If it wasnt for the post and packaging I have a list of stuff I would love you to do for me :)

I am hoping to head that way. Just gotta fine tune the process, both with the rocks and the backgrounds. So for now i will have a good supply for myself lol

Looks very realistic! Good job c:

The rocks look very real,top job ;) keep up the good work,what else have u got planned for future projects? am thinking of trying a background with poystyrene,when i seen your i though,this girl is a genius as i never seen one done before etc :)

graham

The rocks are fun, gonna make a heap when i am on holidays. Gotta sort out a wrok space in the shed, cause its too messy to do inside lol

I am planning another background, this one wont be permanant though, so you can fit it and remove it as many time as you want, mature tank or on 1st setup :)

Most reactions

Back