Difference Between Croaking And Sparkling Gouramis?

Jase82

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im looking for a nice little Gourami, what is the Difference Between Croaking and Sparkling Gouramis?

I know that croaking gouramis croak, but how can you tell these species apart?

Thanks

what else is in the tank? dunno bout telling the diff i aint a gourami man but i've got some honeys and they are nice, don't bother anything heard some gouramis can be a bit aggressive

what else is in the tank? dunno bout telling the diff i aint a gourami man but i've got some honeys and they are nice, don't bother anything heard some gouramis can be a bit aggressive
Ive got a month and a half old 29 gallon with 1 popa guppy and about 20 fry, 5 habrosus corys, and 7 fork tailed blue eyes. Plus 4 and counting cherry shrimp.

I think about 4 Sparkling Gouramis will be a nice fit

T. pumila has a single line and spots, the other Trichopsis have three lines. All three species croak.

In my experience, 6 would be a better option.

T. pumila has a single line and spots, the other Trichopsis have three lines. All three species croak.

I see, Thanks. So the Males are not territorial like other Gouramis?

And how often do they seem to croak?

So the Males are not territorial like other Gouramis?
They are, but not to the same extent. Try to make sure you get no more than one or two males. The similar looking species (T. schalleri), with the three lines, may be more aggressive though, they definitely grow larger as well.

And how often do they seem to croak?
Sparkling gouramis do it rarely, mainly when breeding, in my experience.

Kitty Kat pretty much hit the nail on the head.
T.vittatus & T. schalleri will both grow to double the size of T.pumila and are considerably more territorial than T.pumila

T.vittatus & T. schalleri will both grow to double the size of T.pumila and are considerably more territorial than T.pumila

Thank you all very much for the answers.

Do female Sparklers have similar coloration as the males? I know their dorsals are rounded opposed to pointed.

Thank you all very much for the answers.

Do female Sparklers have similar coloration as the males? I know their dorsals are rounded opposed to pointed.
No; the males have a lot more colour in the fins when mature, females tend to stay quite drab

Ok, so 6 because while they do not school, they feel more comfortable with more of their species?

Ok, so 6 because while they do not school, they feel more comfortable with more of their species?
I'd say Sparkling Gouramis are better in small groups of 4.

I found that they were more active and confident in larger groups.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back