DIE!!! White Worms DIE!!!

benz_020

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
damn plan?????somethin worms
thoes little white worms

HOw do you kill them

i dont believe that they are harmless
fish start to have problems as soon as they show up.

how do you kill them?????

i think planaria are always present in aquariums, and you only see lots of them if you arent regularly doing gravel vacs or over feeding them.

I never noticed them before the last few months when I lost the pleco in my tank, he was a large pleco. I'm wondering if pleco's don't eat them, but not sure.

hey that helped wolf.

"Keep them at a reasonable room temperature (68-72 degrees). Do not refidgerate them.

Do not expose them to harsh light. In fact, keep them in the dark for most of the time; maybe in the container they came in with a lid (loosley closed) and store it in a closed cupboard."

thats what to do to keep them alive.
ill do the opposite

im gonna raise the temp to 80-82
put 2 more 40w's on the tank
and, do a few water changes

DIE basterds, DIE!!!!!!!!

they do not live in all aquariums.
never in none of mine, until i got some damn dovii from aguy
every F!@#$% thing possible has gotten into the tanks they were in since i got them, all thee basterds are DEAD now, but it wasent soon enough.
a bunch of crap came off them.

benz_020 said:
hey that helped wolf.

"Keep them at a reasonable room temperature (68-72 degrees). Do not refidgerate them.

Do not expose them to harsh light. In fact, keep them in the dark for most of the time; maybe in the container they came in with a lid (loosley closed) and store it in a closed cupboard."

thats what to do to keep them alive.
ill do the opposite

im gonna raise the temp to 80-82
put 2 more 40w's on the tank
and, do a few water changes

DIE basterds, DIE!!!!!!!!

they do not live in all aquariums.
never in none of mine, until i got some damn dovii from aguy
every F!@#$% thing possible has gotten into the tanks they were in since i got them, all thee basterds are DEAD now, but it wasent soon enough.
a bunch of crap came off them.
Sounds like someone is a little bit upset....lol, but totally understandable. I brought some vallis of my lfs and as soon as i introduced it, i found these little fly's in my tank, crappy peices of sh*t! And i cant get rid of em either! :angry:

i had the same prob an i was able to solve it pretty quickly, here it goes:

first remove all fish and valuables from the tank

do a 50% water change (dont add chems)

crank of the heater and fry them lil buggers

very effective :thumbs: might have to do a few water changes and cleanings afterward thogh to make sure its clean but it gets the job done, just dont over feed ;)

GuppyDude said:
crank of the heater and fry them lil buggers

very effective :thumbs: might have to do a few water changes and cleanings afterward thogh to make sure its clean but it gets the job done, just dont over feed ;)
hehe like that idea

i only get fish from tanks that are immaculate with fish that are in perfect condition, and this crap happens.

if i get fish from a crappy store (surper pets, meijer, walmart) where half the fish are dieing i never have a problem :S :S :S
its all upside down :fun:

explain that

Planairia aren't harmful to fish. The reason your fish seem to have problems when they show up is because they appear when the water has nitrite and ph problems. !
I think planaria are always present in aquariums,
There are all ways present in the tank yes and the reason they do not infest the tank is because the fish eat them. Rainbow fish especially love them

Flashfire said:
Planairia aren't harmful to fish. The reason your fish seem to have problems when they show up is because they appear when the water has nitrite and ph problems. !
I think planaria are always present in aquariums,
There are all ways present in the tank yes and the reason they do not infest the tank is because the fish eat them. Rainbow fish especially love them
they are NOT always present
look at any of the tanks i have or have had
nothing
except for the two i put the dovii in :eek:sama: :devil: :saddam:

Take all the fish out the tanks and leave the tanks for a week with no filtration, they will be crawling with planaria.

Quick planeria question. Are they always sticking themselves to objects in tanks, or are they free swimming as well?

Redbled said:
Quick planeria question. Are they always sticking themselves to objects in tanks, or are they free swimming as well?
they do both, i am not sure if it is on purpose or if they just loose hold easy
but you will see them often floating in the water
looks like little white pieces of string floating around

Most reactions

Back