Dereliction Of Duty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cazgar

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Ever since I've been putting in veggies for my Oto's they've been neglecting the algae, & it's starting to build up on the glass.
How often should I feed veggies to keep a balance between them munching the algae, & supplementing them with the veg?

problem is, far as i know, certainly with 'proper' plecs, is that they only eat algae when they're hungry. this is why you can never expect a fish to keep algae off your tank, if they're eating algae they're not being fed properly, as you seem to have found out. as i said, this is what i know of proper plecs, whether this is the case with otos i dont know, but it certainly seems like it. if you've got alage theres something wrong with your lighting set-up probably. how long are the lights on for ?

'Oto's' feed primarily on algae.However they don't eat all types.
For instance BBA (Black Brush Algae) and GSA (Green Spot Algae), small hard green dots on the glass.They're good for 'softer' algae such as Diatoms.
If you have GSA then use an old credit card to scrape it off
good.gif

It's just small dots on the glass, I'll just have to clean it off, was worried if I did they wouldn't have enough of it to eat.
They do love their veggies, so I'll just keep feeding those as usual

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back