The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yoruyongbpei

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, So I am currently in the process of readying my tank to acquire at least 2 Freshwater Pipefish and due to their feeding requirements I am currently working on trying to culture, Infusoria, freshwater Rotifers, Freshwater Ostracods, Freshwater Daphnia, Freshwater Amphipods, and Freshwater Copepods in a separate little tank that i will try to gather cultures from to grow in the main tank and attempted to create a sustainable living food source within the tank. I have spread java moss to grow throughout the tank and the culture tank has green algae growth already along with some shrimp and snails to create a cycle, I have today begun to culture my own infusoria and have ordered a batch of freshwater planktonic organisms. I was wonder what are the parameters exactly to properly culture these plankton? I am going to be turning the culture tank into a greenwater tank filled with infusoria to help feed the plankton and slowly add them into the maintank with a baster near the java moss cultures so they can begin to grow. is this a viable plan? my filtratiion is already sponged to account for fish fry and ghost shrimp larva so I am hoping this plan will work 

If anyone has any experience cultivating proper cultures of freshwater Plankton i would greatly appreciate any form of advice

Most reactions

trending

Back