Cross Stitch Fish!

lilacamy931

Starting again
Reaction score
I love cross stitch, knitting, sewing, crochetting, designing, drawing, etc. Name an art or textile form and I absolutely love it (did a degree at uni in Textile Art, it was great). One guitly pleasure I have always had is cross stitch though, started them from about the age of 6 and my gran used to give me new ones and because they were and are so expensive it was pure luxury. My problem is though as I have grown I have got larger and more intricate and expensive ones myself and then will sit solidly in every waking spare moment doing it till when it is finished I swear I will never do one again (give it a year or two though and I crave, again).

Anyways the last one I did was an enchantress in a forest (google it really yummy one) and before that a maiden and unicorn. I have always loved marine underwater scapes with fish but it never really crossed my mind there were kits of them and so now I have found and ordered one :hyper: Cant wait for it to arrive the colours are lush and Im sure in 4 months time I will swear never to do one again :lol:

Do you like cross stitches and get this excited? I really can't help myself!

i love to cross stitch, but it has been a VERY long time since I did anything, as I need hours to sit and relax, but with having two children now I dont get chance. (what with kids in day, at night tidying after kids, washing etc)

Wow Harlequins :hyper: There are some real gorgoeus ones there! I will have to photograph mine and get them up (excuse the grubbiness!) :lol: They do take some getting used to betta_246, but will say this if my man can do 10 stitches in total then think most people could! I specially bought him a mini magazine one and havent seen it since...where did that get too...

I feel an itching to do some stitching now :lol: ,i did promise my niece that i would do a birth cushion for her little boy,well he's 1 now and she's just had a little girl... :rolleyes: :lol:

I started my sis in law on cross stitch many moons ago...

I would love to see pics Amy :)

Get stitching! LOL, it really is an itch isnt it?! :lol: Aw that would be great, I have done some knitted things for my nieces and nephews and my sister will keep them as keepsakes for when their older, its a nice thing (as long as find the time :rolleyes: )

Brilliant, you are spreading the wonders :good: LOL

Finally got round to the pics after retrieving my camera from the blooming cats :lol:
This was one I found the otehr day and so started while waiting for the fishy one, only couple of days work:
4230593205_54a78d0ef3.jpg

here is the one that Im waaaay excited to start:
4230592073_981a63c8e3.jpg

And some I have done in the past
4231358110_18b743de10.jpg

4230589905_ba5b4535cb.jpg

4231355478_6ca14d964a.jpg

4230587031_86f2085b95.jpg

Wow they're stunning amy,well done :good:

That fishy one will look fab,you will have to put pics up has you go along so we can watch how it progresses :good:

Well you must've kick started me in stitching again :good: :lol: :thanks:,i rummaged around and found the chart of hephalump i was going to do for my niece's little boy,so here hopefully comes a birth cushion :lol:

LOL thanks guys! Aw a hephalump! LOVE THEM, sure hope you do yours now :hyper: Post pics up too!!! Lets see how much of this one I do before I get fed up :lol:

Me Do Cross Stitchs? :rolleyes: No Chanch :rolleyes: :lol: When i go to my names i'll take apicture of a couple of hers and brag at how i made them :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back