Cory - Fungal Treatment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Madam Macaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my cories has a puff of fuzzy growth on his first dorsal spike. I am pretty sure he is the one that was caught in the net when I put him in the tank - that is where he was caught at. After doing some research, he probably got the fungus as a result of the trauma. Now, I tried Maracyn and Maracyn 2 along with Coppersafe - recommended. Nothing happened. I went to a local aquarium store and the woman there recommended a fungal treatment from "Jungle" which turned bright yellow in the tank. She said I should see a difference in a couple of days. Today is day two. I can do another treatment after four days and a 25% water change. She she finds it works better than Maracyn. Has anyone tried this? Is there anything I can do. I read that salt baths can help, but wouldn't that hurt a cory?

Yes jungel med is meant to be very good.
You have used far to many meds in your tank.
You have to give a med time to work, keep switching meds it not good.

Did you do a water change and add black carbon before you started the jungle med.

Yes jungel med is meant to be very good.
You have used far to many meds in your tank.
You have to give a med time to work, keep switching meds it not good.

Did you do a water change and add black carbon before you started the jungle med.

Let me explain. I did not use all of these medicines in a day and then switch and start something else.

I was told to use the Coppersafe along with Maracyns (at the same time) for secondary bacterial infections (one treats gram negative infections and the other treats gram positive infections). I then waited. It did not seem to get any better. This was about two weeks ago. I found this new petstore and asked them what to use - they suggested the Jungle medication.

Since carbon takes medications out of the water, I take out the carbon when I use a medication.

The Jungle medication is the only thing I am using at the moment.

Oh, and I did a 30% change when I first used the Jungle medication.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back