Coralife Colormax Good For Plants?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bachina

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a lot of conflicting reports on whether the Coralife colormax line of bulbs have a good spectrum for growing plants. I'm currently using the mini power compact fluorescent light.

http://www.fish.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=710539...rccode=FSHFRGLE

Even though this is a 10w bulb, I tend to see a lot of my medium light plants not growing as fast as they do in my other tanks. The tank I have this bulb in is a 5 gallon eclipse corner freshwater aquarium. So, this limits the kinds of bulbs I can put in there...it has to be a standard "screw in" socket, and as far as I can find, Coralife is the only one that makes these kinds of bulbs, other than the standard incandescent bulbs.

Is a standard clear incandescent better than the colormax bulb? Can anyone suggest a better bulb for my tank? My plants are mostly low-medium light plants, so nothing super powerful is needed. 10-20w should be fine.

Thanks! I'm at a loss as to where else or what i should be searching for

--Hans

Bachina,

Your Coralife Colormax will definatly outperform the regular bulb, but with the size of tank you are very limited in your lighting choices and that is not good for your med-light plants, THEY NEED MORE MAN! Try a lightbulb specialty webpage and I bet you can find better lights.

Good luck, I hope I could help. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back