Copper Poisoning! Please Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

deftuch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi a short while ag i added some seachen flourish fertiliser to my tank. And within 30 mins my elephant nose lost control of its swimming and died! After this happened i read the back of the bottle to find out is has copper in it! 0.0001 also 0.0001 of water soluble copper and shows this as copper on the charts but copper sulphqte in ingredients. Ive read about copper before and now im scared. Is a total of 0.0002 percent copper a large amount? Is it possible this is a coinsidence? Why would they put copper in anyway? Its actually harmfull to hqrd water plants such as vallis? Im baffled. Can anyone shed some help and light!

It may be no help at all but i know that copper destroys the shells of snails and shrimp, and i know how to remove the copper. Also if i could recommend a good fertiliser i would say JBL's Ferropol is very good, especially for vallis.

All so called complete ferts contain copper in this minute quantity and it is needed for the plants chemical and biological processes as long as it is not seriously overdosed these ferts are non toxic to all freshwater aquarium inhabitants.

All so called complete ferts contain copper in this minute quantity and it is needed for the plants chemical and biological processes as long as it is not seriously overdosed these ferts are non toxic to all freshwater aquarium inhabitants.
yeah ive read about that too! plants need copper but some plants dont. ive also read that even a small amunt of copper can be a problem because it bonds with other elements or something. however this fert i used claims that it doesnt happen with thiers. if any more fish die i can afford to get an autopsy done and if it is copper poisoning im gunna do everything i can to get copper of the shelves lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back