convict cichlid

patate

Reaction score
i want to know how many convict i can put in a 35gl

can someone tell me all i need to start , i only have my 35gl for 2 convict cichlid

IME one female convict will live peacefully in either of the tanks mentioned above, and you can keep other fish with them. If you get a breading pair i suggest those be the only two in the tank, as they get extremely aggresive when they breed.

patate said:
can someone tell me all i need to start , i only have my 35gl for 2 convict cichlid
What exactly do you mean?

Just set up the 35 and plop in a pair of cons. Are you intending to breed them? Nothing special really, temp about 74 degrees, come caves for them to breed in. If you have patience like me you can do live plants.

Can you be more specific on what you want help with?

will the live plants be okay? I have a tank that's fully set up, but I'm afraid the convicts will pull everyting out.

duendecillo said:
will the live plants be okay? I have a tank that's fully set up, but I'm afraid the convicts will pull everyting out.
This is where i keep my convicts

Aquarium2.jpg

Those are all live plants. I have more on the way as i'm trying to fill in the sides and back while the amazon sword in the center is beginning to fill out a bit. In fact, my convicts layed eggs on the amazon sword

The only problems i had was in the beginning when i planted my stem plant cuttings. There was nothing to hold them down so the convicts pulled them up all the time. Once they grew roots though they stayed down. The convicts don't touch any of the leaves at all

Most reactions

Back