constipated baby betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

red-devil0602

Fish Herder
Reaction score
it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission
my new little crownie has a swollen belly and i think he is constipated but he won't eat his peas, is there anything else i can use to help. please look at the pic and let me know what you think -_-
p6g65032.jpg

when you say baby, how old is it? not sure at what age this can be done but so long as not too young

Here is a link I found when I did a search salt bath for constipation

Hope it helps, remember to use Epsom salt not usual aquarium salt

try it, but make sure you keep a good eye on it and if it looks distressed then take it out. Maybe use a slightly lower dose of the salts? :dunno:

I have some the same age and to be honest I would try it if it were mine

good luck, hope he relieves himself soon, so he starts feeling better. Don't have any advice to give you though.

Is this your new one from Thailand ?

How Long? Juvies like to stuff themselves. Just to be sure, you think he's constipated because you're not finding any poop, right? That's the big giveaway.

If this is about his belly shape, there's nothing wrong with it - pretty normal for a juvie as far as I can tell from the picture...

He doesn't look massive to me either really but hard to see from a picture and I guess you have others to compare him with. Are you not seeing poop? Keep trying the peas if you think there is a problem, he should learn to eat them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back