Clown Loach Behaviour

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RobbieArtois

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a Clown Loach in my tank for a number of months now. It has seemed pretty happy.

Typically it would remain hidden and be very timid if it notices you moving. It would often bury itself away so you wouldn't be able to see it.

Over the last couple of days I've noticed some strange behaviour. A lot of vertical swimming almost staying in one area. The fin movement seems very fast. It has also become less timid. I added a few cherry barbs a couple of weeks back if it makes any difference.

I've added a photo, not that it shows much. Has anybody else with Clown Loaches noticed this?

Ammonia levels are fine (No2 is zero and No3 around 10). I believe it is eating plenty.

Just wondered if the sudden change in behaviour and vertical swimming is anything to worry about.

Am I right u only have one?? If so they need to be kept in large groups (10+ in a 100gallon+ tank)

How big is your tank?

How many do you have?

What is the exact ammonia reading?

Mine do that all the time.  In my tank, they appear to be swimming against the down current created against the glass by the HOB filter's output.

I've read they love high water movement, so it makes sense to me it's likely innocent behaviour.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back