Cat Missing - Keighley

Thanks all of you! Especially you Alice, that's a really nice offer. Hopefully for your sake I won't need to take you up on it but it's very much appreciated!

Right I'd really better get off me arse and get out there again. I feel like I haven't sat down for a break for the last 5 days, but then if I could, would I want to knowing I haven't found him yet? Going to print more flyers off now and get back over the end where he was sighted.

Will report back!

Thanks all of you! Especially you Alice, that's a really nice offer. Hopefully for your sake I won't need to take you up on it but it's very much appreciated!

no probs, let us know how you get on

:sad: im so sorry to hear this kathy, ive only just seen this thread.
I really hope he returns to you safe and well in your home soon, and i would be most certainly keeping my eyes out for you if i were up your way :/

All I can say is good luck, and I am pleases to hear that you have some sightings to go by, at least you can feel positive in that respect.

Let us know how you get on :thumbs: :flowers:

Sorry about the cat, cats are survivors. Im sure hes fine. Once my ginger cat (fluffy, yes i know lol) went missing for about a month and he came home eventually, all by himself. He had a big cut of his head where he had a fight with a fox (the vet said). But he recovered and he was fine, until we moved and my mum let him straight out, he came back the next day but it was like he didnt know us and i picked him up and got a face full of claw and we havent seen him since. Also our other cat (fluffys brother) was like a wild cat that only came home for food not even to sleep, but before we moved he never came back.

My cat was OK for a month all on his own and came back on his own, so just keep looking and i really hope you find him.

Hi you lot, thanks for the messages.

Still no signs of dodge at all. We've had a few trips out calling for him now with no sight of him. Handed out tonnes of flyers but no response as yet. Someone has taken down ALL the posters in the area, probably kids being sh*ts, but even so it's heartbreaking how callous some people are that they think a ten year old cat out on his own and frightened is something to pull a prank over. :(

any luck getting an answer from the houses you mentioned earlier?

I don't want to sound cheesy or anything but last night I prayed for Dodge to come home to you. :nod:

Aww - it's not cheesey - even though I'm not religious, it's very comforting, thank you so much.

Alice - no answer :( Think I'm just being unlucky with the timing rather than them ignoring me though. Still no sign of him. :-(

So sorry Kathy, thought for sure you would have found him by now. :no: But, keep your hope up! You've got all weekend now to look for him. My thoughts are with you and good luck!

Hi I know what you are going through as i lost a cat under very different circumstances at christmas, I know how depressing it is when you get a call that turns out to be fruitless.
Just a few little tips I was told when I lost my Fluffy:
hang some worn unwashed socks on your washing line every day as the cats sence of smell is extremely strong, and also for the same reason empty you hoover bag around the boundaries of your garden and front door, just small amounts that the cat might pick up on, timid cats tend to go looking at night for home food etc and so if its at all possible leave a back door open and some food just inside, perhaps sleep on the sofa a few nights just in case.
I truly wish you luck with the safe return of Dodge, and dont give up hope I have heard so many happy stories of Long dissapearances since loosing my cat, also if for some dreadful reason you dont see him again try to remember that most people are kind to animals which is why cruelty cases make headlines and that dodge being a cat living on survival will find himself a new home and not allow himself to starve to death.
Sorry if that seems a bit blunt but I hope you understand what I mean.one last point to consider and I know its a tough one but most councils usually record deceased cats found on roadsides, you could give them a call and see, I know you dont want to hear this but if the worst has happened would you rather know than live wondering.
back on a more positive note, if I can think of any other tips I will let you know but so try the smelly things as I have heard good things about it.
Good Luck and keep us posted
Marion

Hi Marion

Thank you so much for your post. Your advice is fab, we were going to empty the Dyson outside tonight before bed, so that he could smell home if he got near. Socks are a fab idea - I'll use Baz's because Dodge and him have a very strong bond.

As for the council - I'm not offended in any way, we've made the call twice so far and it's been nailbiting but he hasn't been found on the roads as yet.

Unfortunately tonight we've had a stream of hoax calls which have left us feeling very fed up and with little faith in humanity. It's breaking our hearts that the only contact we've had so far has been by sickminded troublemakers :-( A hex on them - I hope they all get syphilis and very bad teeth, if they haven't already got both. :angry:

We've called off the search for the night because Baz is ill and it's wet out. He doesn't want me to go out alone and with the conditions its unlikely Dodge will come out of hising tonight. Even though we've done 4 searches today, it just doesn't seem enough :(

Let's hope a glass of wine and a kip mean we wake up ready to start again tomorrow!

Take care

Kathy
xx

Hoax call the sad well you know disgusting behavour.
Hope he turns up soon kathy.

I will be thinking of you and Dodge, the sick calls are probably from kids that dont yet know the pain of loss
try to get some sleep, dont make yourself ill ( easier said than done I know )
Lets hope your next post will be full of great news
x x x
One more piece of information I have just remembered , someone once found their cat in their next doors shed, they had been in that garden on many occasions calling the cats name and never heard a reply and they asked why this was so, and apparently the cat goes into survival mode because its scared and in survival mode it will sit very still and very quiet, It does not understand that anyone is trying to find it or help it, all it knows is that as that very moment it feels safe exactly where it is and does not want to risk coming out of hiding to be attacked by unknown. so just because Dodge is not calling back at you does not mean that he is very far away.
x x x

Unfortunately tonight we've had a stream of hoax calls which have left us feeling very fed up and with little faith in humanity. It's breaking our hearts that the only contact we've had so far has been by sickminded troublemakers :-( A hex on them - I hope they all get syphilis and very bad teeth, if they haven't already got both. :angry:

What complete sicko's, that's horrible for you Kathy, I'm so sorry.

have there been any more sightings since the original few?

Most reactions

Back