Cat Missing - Keighley

KathyM

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi you lot

3 days ago, Dodge shot out of the door when he was spooked by someone coming to the door. He is very frightened of new people, and generally shoots up the stairs, but this time for some reason he shot out of the door. :unsure:

Dodge has always been an indoor cat. For the first three years of his life, he was kept in a box room with two other cats, he is not streetwise to outside in any way.

He has however been out once before, but came back (this was at the old house which is luckily only 2 doors away). However, this time noone's seen him, heard him, or anything. He is neutered, but not microchipped or wearing a collar.

I'm going to poster the area tomorrow - have rung the vets etc. Have also listed him here: Dodge's ad.

We've been out looking for him, noone's seen him, we've had no signs of him whatsoever - no miaowing to come in, etc. I imagine he's very afraid, probably wouldn't let anyone (including us) approach him.

Does anyone know where else I can post his details up? I'm worried sick - tried not to be over the last couple of days and tell myself he'll come back but I'm beginning to have serious doubts. I know if he were an outdoor cat, three days is nothing, but this is Dodge.

Anyhoo, if anyone local is reading, heres some info:

Dodge
Breed: Large moggie, with a large hint of Siamese.
Colour: White and ginger.
Sex: Male, neutered.
Collar/Microchip: No.
Other features: Dodge is a big boy - not fat, tall and muscley, with a bit of a tummy flap due to age *lol*. He weighs approximately 6.5-7kg. He has a curl in the end of his tail, not always very obious, but he does tend to carry it like a Dodgem pole (hence his name).

dodge6thjuly2005-1.jpg

120206dodge1.jpg

pics_189.jpg

:/ sorry to hear that he's missing Kathy. I can just imagine how worried sick you must be.

I would say your best bet is definitely to print as many A4 leaflets as you can and walk from door to door in your neighbourhood - knocking on people's doors to ask them and also hand them the pamphlet with your contact details just in case they come across him.

That's how I found my one cat when he went missing once. And even had several people call up to check if I've found him yet - which was very kind of them.

My other cat once fled into someone's house through the catflap. However they were on holiday and he couldn't get out! He was stuck in there for 4 days when by pure chance I happen to spot this little face in the window :hyper:

Also call your local police and leave your details there. Animals are often taken to them.

Hope Dodge comes home soon!

Or kathy hope he returns soon.
Hug.

oh you poor thing Kathy, pm me if you need to chat or rant or anything

doubt he'll come this far but i'll keep my eyes out

Cats can go missing for a while.
As he ever lived in another area around you, as they tend to go back to there old haunts.

He's only ever been outside once Wilder - and that was when we lived 2 doors away. Before he came to us he had grown up in a box room with his brother and mother, then was taken to rescue, then to us. He hasn't any history of going out at all, which is part of why he's a house cat here. He's never been on the roads. He's never gone further than our garden, and even then that was only once (for about 30 seconds) as he is mortally afraid of the outdoors. :-(

If it had been any other cat I wouldn't be worried at this stage, but this is Dodge, he just can't go out. :(

I've heard of cats that suffer from agrophobia how you ever spell it.
He might of gotten over it, I think he will return shortly, bless him.

Many animal hospitals and veterinary offices have a "lost pets" bulliten board in the waiting area. Just be sure to take the posters down after you find Dodge. :)

don't panic though Kathy, mitts ran away last year and she'd been pretty much a house cat only ever going out a couple of times. I honestly thought she was dead cos she was gone for 14 days, then she strolled back in like nothing had happened.

i know it's easier said than done but just try not to panic and to stay positive

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back