Can i put different types of gouramis with

alexa424

Reaction score
i have a 20 gallon that is cycling right now and im thinking about what fish to put in it......please post if you know if i can and also if i can, what types can i put together? :huh:

Right now I have 2 golden Gouramis, 2 blue 3 spot Gouramis and 1 paradise Gourami in my community tank. I have also had a giant Gourami and a flame Gourami in there with no problem. Just watch so they have plenty of territorial space and keep your male (1) to female (2).

I have 2 Pearl Gouramis and 2 Blue Three Spot Gouramis. It's a constant war between the pearls and the three spots and between the three spots! I'll be getting ri dof the 3 spots soon, just to hecktic with all the chsing, snapping and fighting going on between them. I wouldn't recomend it.

alexa424, you'll soon learn that every fish is different and that you cannot always rely on the information given from others. If you happen to purchase some fish that just won't get along, then you'll have to remedy the situation by removing a fish.

I can tell you that I keep pearl and blue gouramis together with no problems. Most of them are male, so the 1 male to 2 female rule doesn't apply to my tank.

Like I said before, every fish is different. :kana:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back