Can Betta Imbellis Go In Community Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

From what I have read, the answer is yes although the usual 'betta rules' apply about tank mates. I haven't owned these myself but I almost did and did a bit of research and found that they are generally agreeable in the community tank, provided they have the usual places to hide etc
I would wait for someone that has experience owning these fish to get in contact to sort out exactly what's involved, but I think it runs along similar lines to having a group of female B.Splendens in a community tank.
Again, I'm no expert but I did read up on these, and the similar B.Smaragdina to see what was involved as I was on the verge of getting some. The only reason I didn't was for the chance to have a group of female B.Splendens, which I now have in quarantine :D

Their ok if you going for a soft, acidic tank.

When i first got them in 1994 i tried it moderate water but they never liked it. (best i could do at the time)
Never tried since then due to lack of space.

my water is soft and my ph is 7 so do you think they would be ok?

ur lucky then :)

6.5 i believe is better, some almond leaf's would help as well

DSCF0019.JPG

hI
Betta Imbellis can go in a community tank, I have 3 males and 4 females they have places to hide if they want but they are in with clown loaches, elephant fish, guppies, 2 betta splendens females and other fish but they all are very happy and no fighting hope this helps

hi, i have 2 in my community tank, they are with, female guppies, rosey tetras, zebra danios, leopard danios, a bala shark & guppy fry and i have had no probs at all, they stick to the back of the tank where most of the plants are.

old post have got a community wild betta tank set up now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back