Can 2 Male Bettas Live In The Same Tank?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dingweding

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i never tried this b4. But this time i would like to try, my green crown tail betta live in a 30L tank.

Yesterday, i went to fish shop, there are some veil tail bettas, but compare to normal betta, they seems very big. I bought a blue one. But i do not have spare tank, i put him in the same tank with green betta.

This blue betta is about twice the size of the green one, but his tail is so so long, possibly the longest i have ever seen. although he is very active, he can not swim very fast.

at first i sepreate them with a breeder, then i get rid of it. They seems fine.

sometimes, they pose to each other, but big guy is not agile as the small guy. so he can not get the small guy. there are many plants and hiding place.

so can i keep them like this ?

Everywhere and everyone iv ever spoke to has said no. Males carn be kept together. I can only imagine that it comes vfrom exsperiance, and its just a ticking time bomb when you put them together, personally i wouldnt chance it...

Absolutely NOT. You must separate them or you'll end up with badly damaged or dead fish.

No idea why you have decided to try this but it really isn't a good idea.

I think thats your answer! Tick tick tick tick and then one dies :angry: Thats what will happen.

There's a reason they're called Siamese FIGHTING fish. That very reason is why you should NOT keep two males together You're going to wake up one morning with one or even two dead or dying fish. Put the divider back in.

Why would you even think of that. Here is some reasons why

1. they fight then one dies and the other is weakend

2. there is a reason they make separators

3. Its illegal

There's a reason they're called Siamese FIGHTING fish. That very reason is why you should NOT keep two males together You're going to wake up one morning with one or even two dead or dying fish. Put the divider back in.
she's right you know

I do not believe there are any specific laws in the UK banning the keeping of 2 male betta in an aquarium :angry: However, to knowingly put 2 fish in the same tank that will fight could constitute animal cruelty.

animal cruelty as well as being a compleat retard... No offence dingweding

If you look on the RSPCA site it states that you have a duty of care towards any animal in your care....including fish.

Actually the more i read this thread, and the fact that the op was online when the first replies were made, and has been online since, makes me think...................................

troll-2.jpg

I do not believe there are any specific laws in the UK banning the keeping of 2 male betta in an aquarium :angry: However, to knowingly put 2 fish in the same tank that will fight could constitute animal cruelty.
I don't know about the U.K but heck yeah in Canada

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back