Cajun Dwarf Crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

eschaton

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just got three of these guys last week. I was a bit worried about aggression, but those fears seem to have been misplaced.

I'm a bit concerned though, as they don't seem to do much. They're almost as elusive as my Kuhli, leading me to think they're nocturnal (or just sticking to the caves). That's fine with me except I'm a bit worried about their feeding habits. Everything else in the tank is so aggressive with hunting down food, and the most I've seen one of them do is move half an inch to snatch a bloodworm right in front of its face.

Any info people can give me on their experiences would be much obliged.

I just got three of these guys last week. I was a bit worried about aggression, but those fears seem to have been misplaced.

I'm a bit concerned though, as they don't seem to do much. They're almost as elusive as my Kuhli, leading me to think they're nocturnal (or just sticking to the caves). That's fine with me except I'm a bit worried about their feeding habits. Everything else in the tank is so aggressive with hunting down food, and the most I've seen one of them do is move half an inch to snatch a bloodworm right in front of its face.

Any info people can give me on their experiences would be much obliged.
i dont know theses guys but cray are most active, in the night. mine aquascapes the tank on a nightly basis. but if you have young cray, in with aggressive fish, they tend to hide! but as they grow, sometimes they get their own back on the fish, cray are scavengers, and skilled at it too. try butting in some cucumber, held down with some plant lead, if it vanishes, you know things are ok. as for if things will get better? that will depend on how the balance works out between the fish and cray.

These cray are small (only grow to 1.25 to 1.5 inches). Everything else in the tank is pretty small, though on the tank floor they do have to contend with cories and a good deal of amano shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back