Bronze And Albino Eggs!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I hope you guys are talking cory babies. 
whistling.gif

And eagles, I sure wish you lived a bit closer. I'd love to trade some panda babies for a boatload of shrimp! I was looking for pandas today, but there was only one, and it was no longer alive. 
sad1.gif

I'll meet you in either Cincinnati or Indianapolis.  I'll be the one with the "Looking for Spouse" sign.

no.gif
I was only joking (and thought you were further west.)  In that case we'd have to make it Pittsburgh!  Indy is about 10 hours west for me Pittsburgh is 6 hours!

I will probably just end up driving the 4 hours round trip to thatpetplace on the west side of Lancaster, PA (heart of PA Dutch country).  (That's where I got my pandas - and they do ship overnight.)  I stop over for lunch, get some great food and wander around the 2.5 acres of store!

I was joking, too, and I AM further west, in Minnesota. But I was born in Indiana!

That sounds like a great shopping trip. I'm envious. 

Yeah, was talking bout cory babies. My month olds are proper cories now. Still cute, but...
Anyway, could always do with more grandbabies. They love on ya like nobody's business, and you get to give them back when you or they get cranky.

How long will it be before you can telll what kind they are? A month? And also is it possible for the two to interbreed to where you might have a combo?

They're actually the same species, only different color phases, and I don't know yet what color they'll be. If I remember right it's at least a month before they lose their "baby" coloring. I don't see any that look like albinos at this point. But I still may be surprised!

frapadoodle said:
Yeah, was talking bout cory babies. My month olds are proper cories now. Still cute, but...
Anyway, could always do with more grandbabies. They love on ya like nobody's business, and you get to give them back when you or they get cranky.

Are your grandbabies close to you? I have 3 in two different cities far away from me. I miss them!

Just found this thread!!!! Congrats on the baby cories, spouse!!!!!  It's so exciting :D

Thank you! I'm having so much fun. I think I finally found the perfect combination of egg harvesting and RCS nursemaid/cleanup. All the babies are active and feeding and growing so fast. And I don't even have to vac the bottom of the tank, so that takes away worries of sucking up any fry. 
yahoo.gif

That's pretty fantastic.  I have to do tiny wc's 4-5 times a day in my little breeder box and I'm always worried I'm going to suck one of them up :blink:

That's the advantage of having them in their own 5 gallon! I only do a w/c every other day or so, and can suck right off the top. No worries. This is going really well!

If you had holes at the bottom for drainage, you could have just topped up water an the replaced water pushes the old one down through the breeder box. That's how I did it when I kept mine. I never took out water, just kept pouring more/flushing slowly, 2 seconds job.

But didn't you talk about fry being sucked out the bottom by other fish?

But didn't you talk about fry being sucked out the bottom by other fish?

Yes, but I covered the bottom fully with sand when I saw that. The sand doesn't block the water from flushing down and the fish couldn't get to the corys any more. And the sand wouldn't fall through unless someone gushed water in the box. I mentioned that I even had an air tube running from the filter right into the box and it was flushing water 24/7.

Most reactions

Back