Boyu Tl-550

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

yer sure. the lights have just gone out so i have just turn them back on so all the corals are open again. :good:

sorry for got to put them up
the corals are not fully open yet. i have a vid for you
its taking a long time so it will be on here soon :good:
in the mean time here are some pics
2010_03210001.jpg

2010_03210003.jpg

2010_03210004.jpg

2010_03210005.jpg

2010_03210006.jpg

2010_0311t66666660007.jpg

sorry for got to put them up
the corals are not fully open yet. i have a vid for you
its taking a long time so it will be on here soon :good:
in the mean time here are some pics
2010_03210001.jpg

2010_03210003.jpg

2010_03210004.jpg

2010_03210005.jpg

2010_03210006.jpg

2010_0311t66666660007.jpg

Nice coral harry13.What tank are you running then and what fish are in your tank?

well its a juwel rio 125 :good: and i only have 2 clown fish but in the easter hoilyday im going to buy a purple dart fish :good:
i have a journal if you want to read it. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/314253-juwel-rio-125-marine-reef/

well its a juwel rio 125 :good: and i only have 2 clown fish but in the easter hoilyday im going to buy a purple dart fish :good:
i have a journal if you want to read it. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/314253-juwel-rio-125-marine-reef/
Im going to sell my 2 damsels and blue tang on friday to my local aquatics store.Like was pointed out earlier in thread,blue tang to big for tank and the 2 damsels are to aggresive and keep disturbing the sand.That will leave me with just my 2 clown fish and then will look at getting a couple of peaceful reef safe fish.Any Ideas?

firefish,some wrasses,manderines (if you set up a pod thing for it),gobys and a load more but there all i can remember :blush:

firefish,some wrasses,manderines (if you set up a pod thing for it),gobys and a load more but there all i can remember :blush:

These are all good fishes, went to lfs at the weekend and the resident expert went througth a few nano reef safe fish.

those quoted above all good, but all swim around the substrate.

I've reserved as African pygmy angelfish or orangeback, on his suggestion, it will go all around the tank.

These are all good fishes, went to lfs at the weekend and the resident expert went througth a few nano reef safe fish.

those quoted above all good, but all swim around the substrate.

I've reserved as on his suggestion, it will go all around the tank.
And are they a peaceful easy to keep fish?

I went to my lfs today and asked if they have got any rowaphos is stock."rowa what" the guy replied and then said "no,sorry never heard of it"then i thought to myself maybe not come back here for a bit!
When you first use rowaphos do you have to put it in between two layers of filter wool to stop colour leaking back into the aquarium?That is what it says on ebay,item number 200436864286.

Nano reef compatible and safe, He said it would be fine with clowns. They feed him flake, frozen and pellet - so you cant get much easier!

Nano reef compatible and safe, He said it would be fine with clowns. They feed him flake, frozen and pellet - so you cant get much easier!
Thats great,will rite them down for when im ready to get more fish.

Regarding Rowaphos.Your using this arnt you digitalstorm?Did you just put it straight into your filter at the back of the tank or (as read on ebay by sellers selling it)place it into the filter surrounded by wool?Also when first used does it make the tank water turn a browny colour

put the rowa phos in a filter bag or some tights :good:
Ok,and how much would i need to buy and for how long will it last.
regarding live rock in the back as a filter media.Again,how much would be needed?Do you just buy a couple of pieces of live rock and break them up urself or can you buy it crushed?

Ive got 2 big lumps of carbon sponge in the back of my 550.Should i get rid of both pieces or just one?

Emailed lfs today and there taking my blue tang and 2 damsels off me on friday so my clowns should be a lot happier.

Thanks for all the info.mmmmm...just thinking what colour tights...lol

Regarding Rowaphos.Your using this arnt you digitalstorm?Did you just put it straight into your filter at the back of the tank or (as read on ebay by sellers selling it)place it into the filter surrounded by wool?Also when first used does it make the tank water turn a browny colour

I put it in chamber 2 on top of my rock, then top that off with the carbon.
No discolouration for me.

regarding live rock in the back as a filter media.Again,how much would be needed?Do you just buy a couple of pieces of live rock and break them up urself or can you buy it crushed?

Ive got 2 big lumps of carbon sponge in the back of my 550.Should i get rid of both pieces or just one?

Emailed lfs today and there taking my blue tang and 2 damsels off me on friday so my clowns should be a lot happier.

I got a couple of kgs in the back of mine, you won't need any of the black sponge blocks so you can take them all out.

Black is a good colour for the tights.

I put it in chamber 2 on top of my rock, then top that off with the carbon.
No discolouration for me.

I got a couple of kgs in the back of mine, you won't need any of the black sponge blocks so you can take them all out.

Black is a good colour for the tights.
Yea i thought of black(can never go wrong with black) and then my next colour would be red.(always after a couple of pints)
Anyway,getting side tracked there for a mo.How many powerheads do you have in your 550?I have one on the r/h side and was wandering wether i should get another for the l/h side.What are your thoughts?

Most reactions

Back